Replace/Upgrade to a bigger hard disk on philips dvdr3300h

vbimport

Hi all

I’m kind of a newbie here so please go easy on me :wink:

I have a dvdr3300h with a 80Gb hard disk. I would like to ask you if there is a way to upgrade it to a higher capacity hard disk (ie 160Gb)

Removing one hard drive and plugging in the other should not be a problem.
However I don’t know how to format the hard disk or if it is even necessary to do some kind of cross-flashing on the device…

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have got the same recorder and am currently looking into this - I’ve already established that the recorder contains a standard ATA hard disk, specifically the Maxtor DiamondMax 10. Incidentally, I have a spare Maxtor ATA disk of 160GB, so hardware-wise there’s no problem at all…

I plan to connect the drive to my PC and see if Vista recognizes the file system - if this is FAT32 or NTFS, there will be no problem making an image of the old disk, putting the image on the new disk and then expanding the partition size - then, of course, I still will have to verify if the recorder recognizes the new size.

However, there is a chance the Philips uses a specific file system not recognized by any kind of imaging software - if that’s the case, tough luck, probably…

I’ll let you know what I find out

found this:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f114/philips-hdrw720-hard-disk-crashed-help-needed-226389/

According to this post, the file system is RAW - There is a suggested sollution in the replies.

Tried it - Vista does not recognize the file system - it sees the drive, but not as formatted - replacing the drive and starting up the DVDR 3300H didn’t result in success either - not that I really expected it to…

so in order to replace the drive, you probably need some special software…