Repeatedly Beeps ...while windows startup

vbimport

Hi frnds.
I m getting repeatedly beeps …while windows startup. i came to know it might be a ram (memory ) problem.
I removed and cleaned the ram and again placed it , doin that its working.

But again in the next startup same thing is happening. doin the same i m gettin tired…

Plz someone give some solutions to rectify this problem permenantely…

My system details:

System Manufacturer: Kobian
System Model: PI865D7
Motherboard Manufacturer: Kobian
Motherboard Model: PI865D7

RAM :1024 MB
DDR PC3200

Maximum Memory Capacity: 4194304 MB
Currently Installed Memory: 1024 MB
Available Memory Slots : 3
Total Memory Slots : 4
Dual Channel Support : N.A.
CPU Manufacturer : GenuineIntel
CPU Family : Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz Model 6, Stepping 5
CPU Speed : 2993 MHz

thanks …

Welcome to the forum.
We’ll move this thread to the PC hardware forum where you are more likely to receive help.

As you mention this happens during Windows startup, do you mean that the beeping occurs as the PC boots into windows? I.e., does anything appear on the screen when switched on?

Generally if the beeping occurs and the PC boots fine, it’s usually caused by a stuck key. A simple way to check this is to turn on the PC with the keyboard disconnected to see if the beeping still occurs.

[QUOTE=Seán;2489997]As you mention this happens during Windows startup, do you mean that the beeping occurs as the PC boots into windows? I.e., does anything appear on the screen when switched on?

Generally if the beeping occurs and the PC boots fine, it’s usually caused by a stuck key. A simple way to check this is to turn on the PC with the keyboard disconnected to see if the beeping still occurs.[/QUOTE]

hi
i disconnected the keyboard n checked it but still the beeps coming…
infact i had changed the another keyboard also to chek it …but still the problem persisting…

ur quick reply will be appreciated.

thanks.

Is there any pattern to the beeps, Like short beeps, long beeps ?

It is a long beeps bean and repeatedly and nothing appearing on the screen at that time…

As i start my PC nothing appears just repeatedly long beeps

Long beeps are generally a Ram problem, You can try putting the 1 stick of ram you have in a different slot and see if that helps.

If you have your manuel it will teel you for sure what the beeps mean, I have not found one yet myself.

Yeah…i tried even that. placed the ram into a different slot…still the problems is comin.
i don’t have the manual…

but as i clean the ram and place it again to the slot…then most of the time the beeps were gone and i m able to use my PC.
but i think that was not the solution of that problem. :sad::sad:

The ram may be going bad, may need to replace.

According to the manual that I found you should have only 2 slots for ram but your description in post 1 says you have 4.

http://www.mercury-pc.com/downloads_list.php?productid=684

Physically i have two slots…
that information is being generated from this site

bean can u tell me which ram will be compatible n gud for my system

DDR ,DDR2 ,DDR3
I want to upgrade it with 4 GB :iagree:

Your board will only handle 2 GB, 1 GB per slot DDR 400

Check the link out for your manual

http://www.mercury-pc.com/downloads_list.php?productid=684

Page 14

On your bios beep codes:

AWARD BIOS Beep Codes
1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long 1 short: DRAM or M/B error
1 long 2 short: Monitor or display card error
1 long 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: DRAM error
Continuous short beeps: Power error

If you suspect the RAM is faulty, get MemTest and run it. Download the ISO, burn it to a CD and it will self boot and run.

U meant i have to buy a board also for upgrading 4 gb ram…???:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

no other solution bean ???

No other solution if you want 4 gb ram

2 gb will probably be enough for most things. You should run the memtest on the ram to make sure you will not be wasting your money on ram.

There may be something else wrong, like the mobo or cpu test the ram first and go from there.

PS…If you want to test more from a bootable disk get Ultimate Boot CD (it includes MemTest).

thanks… lot…for the link.

Actually i m using some 3d multimedia applicaiton . so it taking lot of time to rendering n all. so i was thinking to upgrade it with 4gb ram…

Any way thanks for the all information bean and olyteddy…:smiley:

Your Welcome :smiley:

To get the ram stable you might just need to raise the RAM’s voltage in the bios a bit. But before doing that simply reset the CMOS and start fresh, their is a jumper on your MB to reset it, be sure to pull the power plug before doing so. If you can’t find the jumper, you can boot into the bios and load ‘optimized defaults’ and then reboot, and check to see if its stable, and then raise the ram voltage in small steps and check for stability.

To check for stability download and burn the iso image from the site Memtest86+.
http://www.memtest.org/

thanks for ur kind suggestions eric:D