Rented DVD's from Netflix with plastic ring in center won't play on Computer

[qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVD-Video player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’ve rented Netflix movies for years and am a satified customer. However, the newer movies have a plastic ring in the center of the DVD and causes my PC player to make a wooble sound and the movie is undetected by my drive. Is there a way to view newer movies on my computer? Help!!!

[QUOTE=linc2;2436508][qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVD-Video player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’ve rented Netflix movies for years and am a satified customer. However, the newer movies have a plastic ring in the center of the DVD and causes my PC player to make a wooble sound and the movie is undetected by my drive. Is there a way to view newer movies on my computer? Help!!![/QUOTE]

Does this just happen to Netflix or other movie DVD that you purchased? How old is your player and is it firmware updated? You do know all the DVD have a plastic ring in the center. From what it sounds like your player is wearing out or not in proper working order. Drive will eventually wear out from usage and some just made to cheap will not last long. If it was wooble as you said you would definitly not hear wooble it would be more harsh sounds and that is a indication your drive isn’t working anymore.

Just the later released Netflick movies that arrive with the plastic bar coding in the center of the disc, not all of Netflix movies the older ones comes with Netflix personal barcode around the top of the disc. Firmware is up to date.

It’s an unbalanced wooble sound. All other discs play and record correctly.

Yo-

I play Netflix rented movies frequently (several times a week) on my pc - have never had a problem-eh

I understand play but what do you mean on record?

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2436717]Yo-

I play Netflix rented movies frequently (several times a week) on my pc - have never had a problem-eh[/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree: I never had problem as describe by the OP only I get a bad press or damaged but never the problem as described by the OP. And my dvd drive is only 3 years old. My money is still on your drive going bad. How long or old is your drive? What is record correctly??? What do you mean by that?? Is there more to that then what’s said???

The problem you are having is related to a copy prevention method being installed with the movie. I causes many computer dvd drives to read a disk as a zero size drive. While still allowing the disk to be played in most standalone DVD players. I too had the problem on my Computer DVD. By happenstance I bought a USB dvd for my netbook. The Netflix discs play fine now wheither the USB DVD is attached to my netbook or PC.
So much for all the copy prevention effort and expense.

Was viewing ACDC Family Jewels which has the plastic ring. Then opened DVD Fab 2020 and it didn’t recognize the disc.184 meg file size. Uninstalled 2020, downloaded vers. 2018, installed it and no problem. Functional.

[QUOTE=ILUVHILLY;2494705]Was viewing ACDC Family Jewels which has the plastic ring. Then opened DVD Fab 2020 and it didn’t recognize the disc.184 meg file size. Uninstalled 2020, downloaded vers. 2018, installed it and no problem. Functional.[/QUOTE]

You do know they are talking about standalone player not a burner/player in computer?? I think it’s more related to a bad player…I am still confused to what the OP means plastic ring center all cd/dvds have a plastic ring center that is how they are produced. Maybe the OP should go and try it in another standalone and see if the problem doesn’t still occur again but my money is on a bad standalone player.And to ILUVHILLY what are you talking about dvd fab 2020??? I think you got the name confused with the dvdfab program created by Fentago. Maybe let’s help the OP and not open discuss something totally unrelated to the OP player problem.

Forgot to mention as well maybe take a good look at the last posted date ILUVHILLY and make sure the response matches the correct time-line not something from 2009 as well.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2494729]Forgot to mention as well maybe take a good look at the last posted date ILUVHILLY and make sure the response matches the correct time-line not something from 2009 as well.[/QUOTE]
let me AGAIN say, these forums are not only to help the person posting, but also readers with similar issues. Time is not an issue if this is still an issue.

[QUOTE=justnandbrtny;2494764]let me AGAIN say, these forums are not only to help the person posting, but also readers with similar issues. Time is not an issue if this is still an issue.[/QUOTE]

Let me say this again! question and response should match what the OP is requesting about and since the OP hasn’t responded for quiet some time it would take note they most likely fix or no longer responding! If you have a problem not related to what the OP is posting that is called hijacking take note of that in the future. Go and look at the question the OP was asking about is a standalone and has nothing related to that software. That poster issue is nothing related to the OP question. Time is also a issue once the OP stops responding.

Lets get back to the topic at hand, if you have nothing to post that can answer the question, then lets move on. Thankyou.