Renaming the nero VXD file

vbimport

what do you need to rename this file to if there is a conflict present between clonecd and nero??

thx

There are no conflicts between Nero and CloneCD :confused:
Tell us what your problem is and why you want to rename the file.

hello

many moons ago there often existed conflictions between many of the burn softwares available on certain system setups. in the case between clone and nero one fix that often worked was to rename one of the nero files. this often solved the conflict.( back in the CCDver1.xx and 2.xx days)

one of the users of this forum is having burning problems and i suspect that this could be there fix.

if i could remember the exact file to rename and the name to change it to i would tell them. but i’ve only ever had to do this once or twice and the exact method has escaped me.

i was hoping that another long time CCD user would see this post and could help out :wink:

thx

Originally posted by sherman1
[B]hello

many moons ago there often existed conflictions between many of the burn softwares available on certain system setups. in the case between clone and nero one fix that often worked was to rename one of the nero files. this often solved the conflict.( back in the CCDver1.xx and 2.xx days)

one of the users of this forum is having burning problems and i suspect that this could be there fix.

if i could remember the exact file to rename and the name to change it to i would tell them. but i’ve only ever had to do this once or twice and the exact method has escaped me.

i was hoping that another long time CCD user would see this post and could help out :wink:

thx [/B]

Renaming does not help. You want to delete NEROCD95.VXD in C:\Windows\System\IOSUBSYS (Windoes 9x/ME only) if you see a conflict.
You will need to reboot to see the change.

Nero will continue to work.

thank you for that oli

:cool: