Removing vocals out of a song

vbimport

Hello.

I need to remove the vocals of a song.
I tried Nero (Karaoke filter) but the outcome is awful. Metalic soundlike.

I’ve read in a post that SoundForge is good for this, but was wondering, does anyone know how to do this?
Is SForge really the best option?

Thanks for the support.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=1339&highlight=remove+vocals+songs

do a search, there have been several threads devoted to this…

Also, it will NEVER be perfect, so don’t expect a miracle. See if you can find an instrumental version of the song.

Composite audio cannot be seperated, you can add to it but not take away. All filters do is attempt to target a specific range and remove that, the problem is removing only that range, sometimes volcals will cross over and interleave with other ranges. Try searching for a midi (.mid) file for the song and use Winamp to convert it into a composite .wav

The outcome of this is always far from perfect. If you tell me what track you are working on I might be able to help you out with instrumental or the acapella.

PM me

[QUOTE=cbobting;999097]The outcome of this is always far from perfect. If you tell me what track you are working on I might be able to help you out with instrumental or the acapella.

PM me[/QUOTE]

ok if u want to help me out the song is I’ve Seen Better Days by the band Everclear

and if u get the results could u send them to my email

mail removed

thanks

Have a look around for an original group karaoke or instrumental version. There exists no way to do this yet with software. Hardware is possible, groups like chemical bros that have hardware are probably able to do this. Read up on the hardware they use, buy new or buy from flebay or other.

I dont get this. The thread is from 2005 and you (stephen25) ask for help pretending to be the thread starter after 3 years? Not to mention that you are talking about copyrighted material.

I will close this thread. Please, check the forum rules. Mail removed for your protection.