Removing the voice over from an AVI file

Hi everyone!
I need to remove the russian voice over from some movies. I was thinking to try something like Sound Forge to remove it and leave only the original english voice, but I am not shure that is even possible. I mean, the original voice can be heard from time to time, but is it still all there?
Anyway, I don’t know how to do it, even if it is all there.
Anyone can help me?

ursulv;I don’t have a file I can test this on but here is my suggestion.
Convert the .AVI file with VSO DivxtoDVD this will give you a DVD file format.
Put this in a burning program.I use CloneDVD2 remove the Russian Audio streams.
With CloneDVD2 I can do this all on the HD.
I think DVDFab HD Decrypter will also do this using Main Movie .It has a freeware version.

You can check to see if there is more than one audio stream in your avi using Virtualdub. Open it with Vdub 1.8 (newest version which has support for VBR mp3), look under Audio, Source Audio to find out the number of audio streams.

You can also save the audio as a separate .wav file using Vdub or Nandub and work with it in the audio editing program of your choice. If the two languages are intermixed though, you’ll wind up with a lot of blank audio where you remove the Russian voice over.

Here is a general guide on using VirtualDub: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/virtualdub_procedures.htm

[QUOTE=ursulv;2041626]Hi everyone!
I need to remove the russian voice over from some movies. I was thinking to try something like Sound Forge to remove it and leave only the original english voice, but I am not shure that is even possible. I mean, the original voice can be heard from time to time, but is it still all there?
Anyway, I don’t know how to do it, even if it is all there.
[B]Anyone can help me?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, just buy the originals.

Thank you all for your sugestions, I’ll try them all. Well, except the one about buying the original. I can do that, or I can find a version that does not have voice over, or I could forget about that movie. But the point is that a PC is more than an overpriced multimedia player… much more. If you let it be.

ursulv ;CloneDVD2 also has free a 21 day trial version.It is fully functional & I suggest getting AnyDVD at the same site at the same time & using them together.

[QUOTE=ursulv;2042281]Thank you all for your sugestions, I’ll try them all. [B]Well, except the one about buying the original.[/B] I can do that, or I can find a version that does not have voice over, or I could forget about that movie. But the point is that a PC is more than an overpriced multimedia player… much more. If you let it be.[/QUOTE]

Then you will not get help in this forum acoording to the FORUM RULES. :cop:

[quote=ursulv;2042281]Thank you all for your sugestions, I’ll try them all. Well, except the one about buying the original. I can do that, or I can find a version that does not have voice over, or I could forget about that movie. But the point is that a PC is more than an overpriced multimedia player… much more. If you let it be.[/quote][B]@ursulv:[/B] let me explain what you should have already read in the forum rules: that if you normally have to pay for this movie, then getting another ‘version’ for free goes beyond the situation where we give people the benefit of the doubt on copyright protection.

This thread is now closed, but if you PM me with the title and a site where it can be obtained freely without distribution illegality, then we might consider to reopen it.