Removing the layer break

I saw Peter McCall’s post for removing the layer break with IFOEdit, and i want to ask if there is a program similari to dvdshrink or any other dvd authoring program that can remove the layer break automatically or has an option to do this. Thanks

What’s wrong with using IFOEdit?

/MLS

nero recode can do it, that’s a reworked (licensed) version of dvdshrink.

MLS i asked if there is a program that combines authoring and removing layer break, i didn’t say that there is somethig wrong with IFOEdit

instantcopy and dvd2one can do it as well.

on a sidenote, these aren’t “authoring” programs, they’re transcoding programs. dvd authoring is a very different thing.

Yes, the roght word was transcoding :slight_smile: . Does Nero recode and DVD2one have a specific option or they do it automatically? They also need anydvd?

The option defaults to on in recode and you will need to either use anydvd or run it through dvd decrypter (personal favorite) first.

instantcopy automatically removes it whether u want to or not, although there’s no advantage to keeping the layer break in this situation. i’m not sure about dvd2one as i haven’t used it yet, but i’m sure it would be on by default if it was an option at all.

Originally posted by infini
MLS i asked if there is a program that combines authoring and removing layer break, i didn’t say that there is somethig wrong with IFOEdit

Authoring software only inserts layer breaks where necessary (writing a DVD-9 to DLT). You mean a transcoder that removes layer breaks. Not to get technical but it would have helped you get an answer 5 posts earlier.

/MLS

so can dvd2one be used to remove the layer break after the movie is copied to the hard drive with AnyDVD/CloneDVD?

Yes. But only by passing the whole shooting match through the transcoding process again.
It won’t recompress or affect the quality in any way, it will just remux the files and in doing so, remove the layer-break bit.

It’s what’s called using a sledge-hammer to crack a nut.

-Pete

You mean transcoding twice? i transcoded a movie with anydvd on the fly. Do i have to do it again to remove the layer break?

Depends what you transcoded it with. If you used DVD2One, no. If you used one of the other transcoders that don’t remove the bit, yes.

Don’t you think you’d be better off using IFOEdit? That takes all of 15 seconds…

-Pete

I am using DVD2One 1.40 so i guess i will not have any problems

ya, i think ifo edit would be the better choice then, but it looks complicated to use.
(It might be easy though, and i just dont know it!). is there a step by step guide?

:confused: you seem to know your stuff, iam using any dvd and dvd clone to burn some movies and i get an error saying unable to remove layer break. what do i need to do to correct this or are these movies not burnable? thanks.