Removing sharpie marker from disc

vbimport

Take a Dry Erase marker and color over the marker then wipe away with a clean cloth. Comes right off and you are ready to right again on the disc. :bigsmile:

rubbing alcohol also works, sounds like your method is less damaging to the surface, it must be the solvent in the marker - you think?

thanks for the info now I no longer have to through away because of mistakes.

no shit. :cool: thanks

ive been using acetone for years. :frowning:

I got the permanent markers and had a hard time erasing them. The QUICK dry types are usually used on WHITE BOARD, and can easily come off.

So now I use 3M scotch Tape (the writible ones) and paste them with the written titles; I used it on those DVDRW disks. The DVDR type I just write it on the surface…since I cannot reuse the disks.

Of course, my method is not as environmental friendly and more expensive but I prefer it then to Permanent Marker.

Chow.

aldi sell a dvd marker and an eraser for around £2 ( stanger brand ), the eraser works with every marker pen i have used over the past 8 yrs . just go over the marker pen then wipe of with a tissue then its ready to be scribbled on again.permanent marker comes off too…

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2075864]I got the permanent markers and had a hard time erasing them. The QUICK dry types are usually used on WHITE BOARD, and can easily come off.

So now I use 3M scotch Tape (the writible ones) and paste them with the written titles; I used it on those DVDRW disks. The DVDR type I just write it on the surface…since I cannot reuse the disks.

Of course, my method is not as environmental friendly and more expensive but I prefer it then to Permanent Marker.

Chow.[/QUOTE]

You could cause yourself playing problems here as the disk will be out of balance and they do spin at quite high speeds.

Yes, you’re very correct, I think I shall trybennybjorn’s idea.

Thank you all

Wow…Thanks Sneakers :clap::clap:
Like Sloveheart I’ve been using isopropyl alcohal. I like this method better.