Removing scratches from a hardcoated dvd-ram

Yes, I’m still a new newbie too, despite being here for a long time!

How do I remove scratches from a hardcoated DVD-RAM disc? Yes, even the hardcoat discs can scratch apparently…

Hi,

do you want to retrieve the data, or do you intend to use that disc further?

See if you can read the data (using multiple drives if possible), and then destroy the scratched disc physically.

Michael

I would try a business that has a profesional quality disc polisher.
This might be a movie rental store but I would want a look at their polisher before I just handed a disc over to them . I would also want to know someone with experience would be doing the polishing.
If the data is valuable you might want to see if a professional data recovery service is a better option. They also might have a good polisher & that is all they would need to do.

I want to be able to use the disc further, my local video rental place has an azuradisc polisher, I’ve had them do several other ones, and they all came back perfect, so it might be worth a shot!

I only have one DVD-RAM disc . I don’t know if it is hard coated or not. I’ve only used it a little bit mostly to see if my DVD drive would work with it. So I don’t know for sure how a polisher will work with this type disc. I hope someone that has actually tried that will post.
If the disc is unusable as it is it is certainly worth a try.
I would copy any data I could from it first & temporarily put it on a hard drive. If that’s possible.

[QUOTE=cholla;2580552]I only have one DVD-RAM disc . I don’t know if it is hard coated or not. I’ve only used it a little bit mostly to see if my DVD drive would work with it. So I don’t know for sure how a polisher will work with this type disc. I hope someone that has actually tried that will post.
If the disc is unusable as it is it is certainly worth a try.
I would copy any data I could from it first & temporarily put it on a hard drive. If that’s possible.[/QUOTE]

I should be able to get all the data off it, if the polisher doesn’t work, I should look and see if I can get more, as these discs are probably nearing the end of there useful lives anyway! a full reformat should mark all the bad areas to keep them from being used though…