Removing Region

vbimport

Trying to burn Mamma Mia to Verbatim DVD+RW disk. I removed Region from the VIDEO_TS files but still get a Region error trying to play in two different players. My burner is set to Region 1.

Help please…I can only play this on my PC.

Thx, Geoff

[quote=gdstuart;2190477]Trying to burn Mamma Mia to Verbatim DVD+RW disk. I removed Region from the VIDEO_TS files but still get a Region error trying to play in two different players. My burner is set to Region 1.

Thx, Geoff[/quote]
Some standalone DVD players require the Region code be present on the DVD

also are the DVD players ntsc and are the format PAL is so this to can cause this issue

So is there a way I can ADD the Region 1 code to the DVD files because I’ll only be playing it in Region 1?

Adding back not sure, if you no longer have the original disc you can get a DVD player that is Region free

[QUOTE=gdstuart;2190477]Trying to burn Mamma Mia to Verbatim DVD+RW disk. I removed Region from the VIDEO_TS files but still get a Region error trying to play in two different players. My burner is set to Region 1.

Thx, Geoff[/QUOTE]

Hi there…Just a question - what did you do, exactly, to remove the region from the VIDEO_TS files?

You say you are trying to burn a DVD +RW disk - are the files currently on your HD?

Please advise - there is a very simple solution to this.

O’C

:slight_smile:

I used FreeDVD to remove all protection. Files came from BitTorrent, not from a DVD.

GDS

[QUOTE=gdstuart;2190511]I used FreeDVD to remove all protection. Files came from BitTorrent, not from a DVD.

GDS[/QUOTE]

I shouldn’t be advising you under the circumstances because:

A) This is the DVDFab forum, and covers ‘Fair Use’ back-up of DVDs you bought and own.

B) a BitTorrent download just ain’t the same thing as a bought-and-paid-for DVD, not to mention that the Torrent video format won’t be .VOB files, and as such FreeDVD won’t work.

Good luck finding a forum that will help you.

O’C

:rolleyes:

[quote=O’Canada;2190543]I shouldn’t be advising you under the circumstances because:

A) This is the DVDFab forum, and covers ‘Fair Use’ back-up of DVDs you bought and own.

B) a BitTorrent download just ain’t the same thing as a bought-and-paid-for DVD, not to mention that the Torrent video format won’t be .VOB files, and as such FreeDVD won’t work.

Good luck finding a forum that will help you.

O’C

:rolleyes:[/quote]
:clap::clap::clap: