Removing region lock from Matshita UJDA765 DVD/CDRW

vbimport

Dear Forum,

Could anybody advise an inexperienced newbie how to remove the region lock from a Matshita UJFA765 DVD/CDRW drive?

It is running on an IBM Thinkpad T43 with Window$ XP SP3.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Newbiee

The Matshita laptop drives are usually impossible to make region-free, and it’s usually even impossible to use software to bypass the region-lock (unlike most other drives).

I don’t know if this holds true for your drive, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up, if I were you.

I am afraid there is no way to do that. Matshita drives are tricky. You may try to use software like AnyDVD as a last (and only resort).

Wow!

Thank you both for the quick and detailed replies!

Bad news, though, with Matshita :frowning:

I read something about DVD Genie: would that be worth trying?

Also, there was some other software to ‘bypass’ the region code which I remember had a little yellow smiley face which turned green (?) when it detected a DVD stream? Do you remember the name of this?

Thanks again for your help!

Newbiee

Also, there was some other software to ‘bypass’ the region code which I remember had a little yellow smiley face which turned green (?) when it detected a DVD stream? Do you remember the name of this?

This?

Both old tools, get the latest AnyDVD.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2546712]Both old tools, get the latest AnyDVD.[/QUOTE]Isn’t there a similar tool from Fengtao now?
–> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-passkey-7-0-5-4-beta-out-315838/

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2546724]Isn’t there a similar tool from Fengtao now?

Michael[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s free at the moment too and there’s a newer version just out today.

Just to add to the earlier comments, a lot of Matshita drives have the region lock stored separately to the firmware in non-flashable chips which is why they can be impossible to unlock using normal firmware editing methods.

[B]Wombler[/B]