Removing Region Code

vbimport

Can anyone tell me if AnyDVD removes region codes? I want to copy a PAL disc and have the copy be region free to play on a region 1 player. Is this possible?

Using anydvd will make all your dvd’s region free :slight_smile:

I answered your question in anydvd 5.9.5.2 thread.

I copied the PAL disc but neither of my DVD players (A Sony and a Panasonic) recognize the disc. I get error messages stating wrong region.

Yea, the double posting thing isn’t too good…I also answered your question in the other thread.

sorry for the double posts, wasn’t sure exactly where I should ask this question.

I’m a few years late with this reply and hope that I receive the answer I’m looking for. If I read correctly the original question was “Can anyone tell me if AnyDVD removes region codes? I want to copy a PAL disc and have the copy be region free to play on a region 1 player. Is this possible?” Well since I don’t know what the answer was from a different thread, I will ask the same question with some added info. I have a few different copy programs, DVDfab6, CloneDVD2, and DVDneXtCOPY3, I also have DVDRegion+CSS Free, and AnyDVD/AnyDVD-HD. My biggest problem is that even though they all say different things and supposedly make the copied DVD region free, I can’t seem to be able to remove the region 2 from a region 2 DVD and be able to make a region free or region 1 DVD that will play in any player I have without getting errors that the disc won’t play because of the region code, or just plain old can’t play this type of disc. Why am I having so many problems and what is the correct procedure to remove a region code from the original DVD and make your copy region free so it will play in my DVD players? Summary= How does the Region 2 code get removed from the original DVD, to make it possible to have a region free copy?

Finally I have found a response that brings my question to light. I have been asking the wrong question all along. My question should have been; how can I change a PAL to NTSC format and what programs should I have and be using to accomplishing this feat. I hope this question doesn’t go against the rules, because I don’t think that slysoft is going to give me this fix without some sort of outside assistance, any and all help to solve my problem is appreciated, thank you.

PAL and NTSC standards are different so the video would have to be encoded from one format to the other with an MPEG encoder. I used TMPGEnc for this but that was a long time ago.

The only other option I know of is editing the IFO file to try to fool the DVD player into thinking the video is the other format but most DVD players will still reject the video since it is really the other format which the player was not designed to play.

AnyDVD does not claim to be an MPEG encoder so you should not blame SlySoft.

Search “convert PAL to NTSC”. AfterDawn has a good guide for this showing different methods.

[QUOTE=ADVDFREAK;2282477]Finally I have found a response that brings my question to light. I have been asking the wrong question all along. My question should have been; how can I change a PAL to NTSC format and what programs should I have and be using to accomplishing this feat. I hope this question doesn’t go against the rules, because I don’t think that slysoft is going to give me this fix without some sort of outside assistance, any and all help to solve my problem is appreciated, thank you.[/QUOTE]
Buy a cheap dvd player from Walmart that can convert Pal to NTSC and your problem will be solved for those back ups you have already that will not play on the dvd players you already own