Removing region 1 code/play on PAL TV

vbimport

I have been using DVDFab for over a year now and I am very happy with it. My computer will play any DVD after I have copied it however if I take one of my copies and play it on a European DVD player connected to a PAL TV set the movie is without color. I have not tested this on an NTSC TV to find out if the same issue occurs. (I view most all my movies on my computer as I do not own a TV)

When I make a copy of my movie I select the region code to be removed but is there another setting of which I am not aware that should also be set so that this movie may be played on a PAL TV?

I hope someone knows the answer.

[QUOTE=BarbiGee;2001241]I have been using DVDFab for over a year now and I am very happy with it. My computer will play any DVD after I have copied it however if I take one of my copies and play it on a European DVD player connected to a PAL TV set the movie is without color. I have not tested this on an NTSC TV to find out if the same issue occurs. (I view most all my movies on my computer as I do not own a TV)

When I make a copy of my movie I select the region code to be removed but is there another setting of which I am not aware that should also be set so that this movie may be played on a PAL TV?

I hope someone knows the answer.[/QUOTE]

Both your TV and DVD player have to support NTSC for it to play correctly.

These days nearly all TVs produced for European market support both standards but the odd few don’t.

So it’s either the TV or the DVD player.

Check the specs of your TV and DVD player online to see if they both support NTSC.

If they do then some TVs have settings you can adjust for NTSC compatibility and DVD players are the same.

Most TVs automatically recognise an NTSC signal and switch automatically but some have settings to permanently select either type or automatic switching mode.

Check also if your DVD player has a PAL 60 compatibility mode.

If so try that.

Have a look at the menus on both though.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wombler is right. Check the settings of your TV - many are set to PAL, but perhaps there’s an “auto” setting which senses the different framerate. Actually, the NTSC played on a PAL TV is better described as “60Hz PAL” but that’s too technical.

Regards

BARBIGEE,
While dvdfab 4.0.6.2. is very good. There is an easier way. Like
many of us on the forum already know just buy a region free dvd
player. The reason the power plug has dual voltage so you just
plug it in and it will play on any t.v. set european ,U.S.,CHINA, ANY
WHERE. A seller who sells the region free player as many of us know
already is at a web-site called bargin offers. They have a multi-region
player for $.44.00 U.S. dollars last I checked.
Good Luck ZAP.

[QUOTE=zap em;2002337]BARBIGEE,
While dvdfab 4.0.6.2. is very good. There is an easier way. Like
many of us on the forum already know just buy a region free dvd
player. The reason the power plug has dual voltage so you just
plug it in and it will play on any t.v. set european ,U.S.,CHINA, ANY
WHERE. A seller who sells the region free player as many of us know
already is at a web-site called bargin offers. They have a multi-region
player for $.44.00 U.S. dollars last I checked.
Good Luck ZAP.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for disagreeing zap em but this isn’t a region coding issue as DVDFab will have already removed the region coding.

It’s an NTSC playback issue and unfortunately buying a new DVD player will have no effect if the TV doesn’t support NTSC.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wombler, I disagree…

Some DVD Players WILL convert the PAL signals to NTSC on the fly but they ain’t the $44 specials.

I do agree that the TV “SHOULD” be multisystem but then again, most LCD/Plasmas have facilities to handle most standards.

It is only the old CRT’s that usually have problems.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2002502]Wombler, I disagree…

Some DVD Players WILL convert the PAL signals to NTSC on the fly but they ain’t the $44 specials.

I do agree that the TV “SHOULD” be multisystem but then again, most LCD/Plasmas have facilities to handle most standards.

It is only the old CRT’s that usually have problems.[/QUOTE]

The OP is not wanting to convert Pal to NTSC it’s the other way round.

I’m in the UK and most equipment here supports both standards including the cheapest DVD players.

For example my father-in-law has a DVD player that he bought for £17.99 (less than $40) which is region free out of the box and supports both native NTSC and Pal 60 conversion mode.

The B & W picture the OP is experiencing is symptomatic of NTSC playback issues and it’s still a case of determining where the problem lies before even considering new equipment.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Yeah, equipment list would help…

Same here in Oz