Removing RCE Protection from a DVD

vbimport

Hey guys I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I recently bought a few DVD’s from Amazon but they were locked to Region 1 and had RCE. I need to know if i can remove these things from the atual disc so i can watch them on a DVD Player.

Please help!!!

No you cannot remove them from the actual disc but you can remove them when you rip the files to your hard drive and burn to a blank disc.

But the thing is, i do not want to make another copy because it is a TV show, so i would have to burn it to a dual layer disc which are expensive. This is the reason i bought the DVD’s.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If you don’t want to copy the discs again, the only other option you have to is try and find a hack to make your player region-free/multi-region.

If you state your player’s make and model number, people might be able to point you in the right direction. :slight_smile:

Are you talking about stand alone DVD player or PC one?, if pc, you can make it region free with modified firmware, if you have stand aone then no mod firmware is applicaple but mecanically some times is possible they might even have mechnical switch in the back for making it region free.