Removing pineapple express commentary

Im using Dvdfab platinum to decrypt pineapple express, but i cant get the commentary off. Ive used dvd decrypter but that didnt work. I then use videora to convert it to iPod Nano size. So any help on how to get the commentary off would be great. Oh and when i preview it in the bottom corner, the commentary isnt on there.

[QUOTE=JMohr;2195164]Im using Dvdfab platinum to decrypt pineapple express, but i cant get the commentary off. Ive used dvd decrypter but that didnt work. I then use videora to convert it to iPod Nano size. So any help on how to get the commentary off would be great. Oh and when i preview it in the bottom corner, the commentary isnt on there.[/QUOTE]

When you are doing the decryption, are you doing Full Disc or Main Movie, or are you combining the rip with the conversion?

Please advise.

O’C

:slight_smile:

You could always do a customize back-up to your hard drive and select the main movie, whether it be rated of unrated, and manually select the movie audio.

Then do your DVD to mobile function to convert it for the device of your choosing.

I take it that you are trying to transfer the film to a mobile device, right???

yes, im putting it on a ipod nano. The dvd itself has 2 versions, the original and the extended. Both of them have 3 audio options which are 2 english and 1 french. When I use the default audio option, it doesnt have the commentary on in the preview screen. But when it is fully done, it has the commentary. Also unlike dvd decrypter, dvdfab splits the files up so its not a 4-5 gb vob file.

oh and i tried with main movie and customize.

[QUOTE=JMohr;2196751]yes, im putting it on a ipod nano. The dvd itself has 2 versions, the original and the extended. Both of them have 3 audio options which are 2 english and 1 french. When I use the default audio option, it doesnt have the commentary on in the preview screen. But when it is fully done, it has the commentary. Also unlike dvd decrypter, dvdfab splits the files up so its not a 4-5 gb vob file.[/QUOTE]Just for clarification are we talking about Subtitles or Comentary?

the audio commentary.

[QUOTE=JMohr;2196860]the audio commentary.[/QUOTE]

OK… When you go into main Movie, and put the original DVD in to start, DVDFab will open the DVD.

After it’s open, you will need to make some choices. By default, DVDFab selects the longest running video portion, which 99 times out of 100 will be the main movie. Next, you need to look at audio.

There’s usually at least 3 choices - 1 English, 1 another language, another English, and possibly more. When you usually do this, which choice do you make?

You may want to put an original DVD in and take a look at the real thing, tell me what languages come up, and if there’s anything written beside the language(s), let me know what choice you made, and why.

Your turn.

O’C

:slight_smile:

I think I did not specify properly in my last post.

First you will want to go to main movie.

I’m writing this with the Lionsgate re-release of My Bloody Valentine, which does have the theatrical and extended version on the same side (1 sided dual layer).

I’m presuming the rated version comes up when you choose main movie/ customize and you want to backup the unrated version.

If the rated version comes up first, you will have to go down on the Main Movie and unclick the rated version and click the unrated version. The Main Movie will not allow the rated version to stay if you manually clicked the unrated version. If the unrated version comes up first, then proceed to the next step.

Next, in your audio selection box, unclick all boxes except for the audio you want to keep. Then go to the closed captioning box. Unclick all the boxes so that no subtitles are chosen.

Then copy the main movie to your Hard Drive.

Before you do your transfer to your mobile device, use the transfer you just did to your hard drive, using that as your source. It should show the preferences that you chose on screen.

(In my transfer I chose 2 channel audio, no subtitles which showed on the DVD to DVD selection screen as I had selected.)

Then do your DVD to mobile device, as usual.

I hope this helps, and I wasn’t too over specific. (I was actually working towards “tad bit”:slight_smile: