Removing HD from case

vbimport

What’s the secret to removing a hard drive from an HP a000 case? I pushed on the green plastic holders, but the hard drive refuses to budge. Any help will be most appreciated.

tedm333

Welcome to Club Myce tedm333 :slight_smile:

You don’t want to post your email, you will get spammed.

I haven’t been inside an HP in a while, can you post pics?

I don’t have photos of the hard drive, but it is fastened to the front of the computer in a vertical position. There are two green plastic flanges that I pushed on, but this does not release the hard drive. It appears that I must have to remove the front of this HP a000 in order to get at the HD.

Thanks for the heads up on the address. That won’t happen again, I assure you.

tedm333

[QUOTE=tedm333;2470132]What’s the secret to removing a hard drive from an HP a000 case? I pushed on the green plastic holders, but the hard drive refuses to budge. Any help will be most appreciated.

tedm333[/QUOTE]

Do you still have the owner manual for that HP computer? That would be the first place to look and if not check the HP site for your computer and download the pdf files and look if it has a way to take out the HDD. But because you didn’t give a model it’s hard to know what HP your referring to? Can you be more exact at to the model that would help us be able to identify and give more solutions??

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2470159]Do you still have the owner manual for that HP computer? That would be the first place to look and if not check the HP site for your computer and download the pdf files and look if it has a way to take out the HDD. But because you didn’t give a model it’s hard to know what HP your referring to? Can you be more exact at to the model that would help us be able to identify and give more solutions??[/QUOTE]
Thanks to all who offered their help. It took a lot of effort, but I was finally able to take it out by removing the side panels and the front and then unscrewing the hd from the frame. Whew!

tedm333