Removing HD audio from BR backups

vbimport

Hello all, Ive been using DVDFab to backup/shrink my BR discs to MKV and I was wanting to get more video in my backups by removing the HD audio. But it seems when I select the AC3 stream (english) I get the directors comentary and I dont see another way to do this…Any suggestions??..Thanx

So you save Full Disc/Main Movie to hard drive as 50GB and then use Blu-ray Ripper to convert that to MKV? So when you save to hard drive select the DTDS HD track and as well select remove HD audio.

Then once saved to hard drive you open that folder to convert to MKV using Blu-ray Ripper

I put in BR, select “rip to MKV” then when all the chapters come up it selects the main movie. On the Audio side I have English HD and English AC3 to pick from.

Im confused by your post…Is this the way you suggest I do it???

Be Faster and less stress on CPU to use the Blu-ray COPY and save to hard drive as Main Movie with only the DTS HD track selected. The you can use Blu-ray Ripper to convert to MKV and select remove HD audio

But you can do how you are doing it just select ONLY the DTS HD audio track and select remove HD audio. This will take longer time to convert to MKV just so you know

Ok…Ill give that a try…Thanx…

AGJ
Does the program give you options on what audio you get as a result of removing the DTS HD track? I assume it converts to AC3, but at what bitrate?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2588803]AGJ
Does the program give you options on what audio you get as a result of removing the DTS HD track? I assume it converts to AC3, but at what bitrate?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure but I think it will be 5.1 audio or AC3 not sure as I not try MKV yet usually do WMV and PSP

Welcome back AGJ…

:bow::cop::a

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2588807]Welcome back AGJ…

:bow::cop::a[/QUOTE]

I never left just no one comes here anymore

[QUOTE=AGJ;2588812]I never left just no one comes here anymore[/QUOTE]

All the regulars still come here.

I guess most of our guys tend to be more experienced though. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Well…speaking for the “regular’s”…Im glad you experience guys are around…

[QUOTE=katpeeler;2588912]Well…speaking for the “regular’s”…[B]Im glad you experience guys are around[/B]…[/QUOTE]

Same here:bigsmile:

A little off subject but if you dont rip to MKV then what do you do??..Trying to find a all around container that everything in house will recognize AND have good video

MKV is a good, all purpose container for many devices, but some players and game consoles still can’t use this format. MP4 has more universal playback capability, but isn’t open source.

Personally, I rip to ISO’s and playback exclusively from an HTPC. My (not to be named in this forum) virtual drive and Arcsoft TMT3 are all I need.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2588931]MKV is a good, all purpose container for many devices, but some players and game consoles still can’t use this format. MP4 has more universal playback capability, but isn’t open source.

Personally, I rip to ISO’s and playback exclusively from an HTPC. My (not to be named in this forum) virtual drive and Arcsoft TMT3 are all I need.[/QUOTE]

Well using a HTPC is my goal one day. Right now Im using a PS3 and PS3mediacenter for the job to stream. Dont know how reliable a HTPC is and realy just want something to “set it and forget it”…But for now Im limited

I convert to WMV and PSP files. I stream the WMV from computer to Xbox and use my PSP when I travel to Philippines every year.

I mostly just save my movies to hard drive as folders with the vob,bup and ifo files inside until I need to convert. Also a media player can play those files if hooked up to the home network

I not know much about PS3 but if it plays MKV then give that a go to see how you like as MKV is becoming the container of choice for everyone where hard drive space is an issue

[QUOTE=AGJ;2588801]Be Faster and less stress on CPU to use the Blu-ray COPY and save to hard drive as Main Movie with only the DTS HD track selected. The you can use Blu-ray Ripper to convert to MKV and select remove HD audio

But you can do how you are doing it just select ONLY the DTS HD audio track and select remove HD audio. This will take longer time to convert to MKV just so you know[/QUOTE]

I tried this but my end result was audio/video out of sync.

If I try to rip straight to a MKV file the option of checking the box to remove HD audio is not there.
Right now Im using the BR Rip option to PS3 (mp4). In the audio side I NOW how the option to either select English HD Audio or English AC3. Ill let you know what the end result is.

Dont know what Im doing wrong but after riping to mp4 the video is very jumpy and the audio is WAY out of sync…Guees Ill go back with HD audio using MKV…never had issues with it…Dont know if it matters but Im shrinking the file to about 5G’s

Not sure how your A/V codec settings are set but they may be default and default cause problems. Try changing to Software for all selections to fix the Jumpy video.

As for the audio being out of sync that has to do with the Framerate being incorrectly selected by DVDFab. You may have to use BDinfo to find out the correct framerate is for the movie and manually select it

Having all kind of issues since I changed my settings…Im going to try a different movie and see what happens