Removing electronic hum from recordings

vbimport

:rolleyes:I have been restoring music from my old collection of cassettes and LP Discs on to CDs and been using DC Millenium audio cleaning software with good results. I have problem with only removing electronic hum during recording when a different equipment than my regular one is used.

Can someone advise if this can be handled with this software and if yes, what settings I should use.

[QUOTE=nilkamal;2102634]:rolleyes:I have been restoring music from my old collection of cassettes and LP Discs on to CDs and been using DC Millenium audio cleaning software with good results. I have problem with only removing electronic hum during recording when a different equipment than my regular one is used.

Can someone advise if this can be handled with this software and if yes, what settings I should use.[/QUOTE]

Why would you use anything other than your regular equipment?

Yep…copy using Audacity or Nero Wave Editor. They have filter options where you can select a portion of the recording where you hear only the hum and this is then subtracted from the whole recording. With a bit of practice it works well.

It may be different now, but the template noise reduction in EAC (Exact Audio Copy) worked cleanly for me, while Nero tended to produce a lot of distortion.

Noise sample based cleaning is amazing, if you can get a really good sample of noise alone, you can exterminate that noise with very little degradation.

The cleaning software you are using ought to have the function as well