Removing duplicate files off my hard drive

vbimport

I would like to thank everyone who helped me on my last problem. I couldn’t get it resolved…but that’s ok. I’m a photographer and I have so many programs that have duplicate files on them. Where is there a “EASY” program that can remove one of the duplicates, going to photo to photo and deleting them just does not hack it. My hard drive is filling up fast I have my camera set up for files that are 2mb and up and that’s the way I like to keep them ( I print out large photo’s). And also, will this program do the same thing on music files.
P.S. This might not be the right forum to ask this question but I didn’t know where to go,

Thank You,
deerpark243

[QUOTE=deerpark243;2505713]
P.S. This might not be the right forum to ask this question but I didn’t know where to go,[/QUOTE]That’s why we have the General Software section for :slight_smile:

In case you have a Windows XP install disc (a real one, not a recovery disc), then you can find a tool called “dupfinder” as part of the support tools in the “x:\support ools” folder. Or get from MS: http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?form=MSHOME&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=Windows+XP+Service+Pack+2+Support+Tools

This tool does not delete, it only finds the duplicates. You have to delete the dupes manually.

Michael
[I]Moved from Nero Recode forum[/I]