Removing chapters in Customize, episodes won't play

I’m using v4.0.1.2 and am trying to back up a DVD with 4 episodes on it. In each episode, Chapter 1 contains the intro and I want to skip that. So I went to Customize and selected ‘Preserve Menus’. In Advanced Title Settings I selected Chapters 2 to 8 for each episode.

When I play the burned DVD and select an episode from the menu, it goes to chapter 2 of that episode, but it won’t start playing. The only way I can get the episode to start is to skip to chapter 3 and then skip back to chapter 2. Then it will start. Any ideas?

Hi mjb9801,

Please try DVDFab 4.0.1.6 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-1-6-beta-233060/

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks Fengtao for the suggestion. Using the latest Beta version produced a DVD that plays fine in my PC, but won’t play at all in my Sony DVD player. When I put the DVD in my PC DVD ROM, the episodes play perfectly, with the correct chapters removed from each episode. When I put the DVD into my Sony DVD Player I get a Disc Unreadable error.

[quote=mjb9801;1946240]Thanks Fengtao for the suggestion. Using the latest Beta version produced a DVD that plays fine in my PC, but won’t play at all in my Sony DVD player. When I put the DVD in my PC DVD ROM, the episodes play perfectly, with the correct chapters removed from each episode. When I put the DVD into my Sony DVD Player I get a Disc Unreadable error.[/quote]Make sure the disc type is suitable for your player (+R,-R) and that you have checked the box to “Set Booktype to DVD-ROM” in Common Settings if using +R. You might also try different blank media and reducing burn speed. Some standalone players are picky.

hi mjb9801, im going to continue the path as signals. can you tell us the brand and version of your dvd writer, also the MID of your blank disc. if you need help finding this information DVD Identifier can help. by knowing what burner and disc you use we can help you set the booktype and firmware options.

thanks troy

Broken record: Burn log would be very helpful.:slight_smile: