Removed InCD - NEC 1000a - getting no disc message

vbimport

I was using my NEC 1000a dvd+r/rw for a year. I uninstalled InCD, and rebooted, then AnyDVD said it didn’t detect a DVD drive, and prompted me to have it install the drivers. I said yes. I installed the newest version of InCD, and Nero. Since then anything I put in doesn’t get recognized. My dvd drive is the master, and the NEC 1000a is the slave, and my cd burner is the master on the other cable.

I figure it’s a driver issue. Somehow I need to delete the windows dvd drivers, but don’t know how/where. I tried removing the NEC through device manager. It just reinstalls the drive, and it still doesn’t recognize any media.

When I put media in the drive I get the cd icon next to the mouse pointer, and the hard drive and dvd LED’s light up for about 4 seconds.

Windows XP, 512mb, XP 2200+, ti 4200 128mb, lots of HD space.

Thanks

Edit:
I put in a cd/dvd and it doesn’t spin. I just hear 2 noises, tk pause tk.

The last succesful use was InCD on dvd+rw. It finished but wouldn’t eject. I don’t remember if I had to reboot to eject or if I did it manually or through explorer.

How do I get my nec dvd+ drive spinning again?

Maybe should be moved to different forum area now.

Please delete thread, I tried but it wouldn’t let me.

Hello,

Try disconnecting everything from your recorder. Plug in only the power to the recorder. If the recorder doesn’t spin up, then you may have a bad recorder.

Best

Darrick

OK, will do