Remove Watermark in CCE?

vbimport

Hi, I’m trying to make a DVD from some anime I have, but when I encoded the video CCE made a big watermark taht blocks the subtitles. I was wondering if there is a way to remove this watermark? Thanks in advance.

If you are using the trial version of CCE then you will have to buy it to remove the watermark. You can buy the basic version for $60. It is pretty much the same as the SP version ($2000) but it is limited to 2-pass. And no… we wont give you a crack for the SP version.

I’m trying out DVD Santa instead right now :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply though.

Well, I tried DVD santa but it cut off the subtitles (about halfway). I was wondering if there are any programs that will do it without cutting the subtitles?

Have you tried DivxToDVD?
I found it to be a handy little program. :slight_smile:

What exactly do you mean “cut off the subtitles”?

Well, they’rea fansubs, so the subtitles are like merged with the video file, you can’t extract them or anything. By cut off, I meant that on a TV screen, not the whole picture is shown (some of the bottom, top and sides gets cut off a bit) and the subtitles are part cut off. If I recall correctly, there’s something called a “TV Safe Zone”, and the subtitles get cut off a bit there. Anyways, I’m not sure how to fix this.

PC-GUY, thanks, I’ll check that program out.

P.S: I’ll take a picture to clear things up about the subtitles being cut off.

Edit: Here we go, it would be like this

The blacked out parts are the parts that would get cut off, I hope this clears things up! :slight_smile:

If you get DVD2SVCD ( http://www.dvd2svcd.org/ ) & install the D2SRoba front end you can get very good quality encoding quickly. It comes with a freeware encoder Quenc , which I’ve not tried as I use CCE with it.
It handles various aspect ratios well & will probably get around this problem. If you could afford the $60 for basic CCE (2.50 is best) it’ll still work & you’ll be well pleased with the results.

That is just the overscan of the TV. That is why DVDs have black borders around the edge, to compensate for this. If you where using AVISynth to imput you will need to use the “addborders” command, and then make the resize before smaller. For example:

v=mpeg2source("x.d2v")
a=wavsource("x.wav")
audiodub(v,a)
converttoyuy2
smoothdeinterlace() #only if the video is interlaced
convertfps(29.976)
crop(x,x,x,x)
[B]lanczosresize(656,416)
addborders(32,32,32,32)[/B]

that would be to create a 720x480 NTSC DVD.

Can you explain that a bit better (like a small tutorial or something), that’s exactly what I was thinking (add something to push the picture). Thanks :slight_smile:

You will need to use AVISynth. What format is the input video? (AVI, MPEG etc.).

I downloaded AVISynth 2.5. It’s an AVI file ecoded with XviD (the input video)

What does CCE stand for?

Did you find an application that could remove the watermark? I am asking because I am having a similar problem with some music videos.

CCE = Cinema Craft Encoder.

The reason for the watermark was that the version of CCE being used was a trial. Buying the full version would remove that.

Not any help to you I’m afraid.

Well, I’m thinking of buying CCE, I just need to make sure I can get the subititles a bit higher on the screen (I can still see enough of the subtitiles even with the watermark to know if they are being cut off).

Hi Caboose87,

I would use Tmpgenc and there is another post dealing with a similar issue on this forum:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=70884&highlight=Tmpgenc+border
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=88914&highlight=Tmpgenc+border

Hope this helps.

I also have a subtitle cut off problem on my tv and i don’t know how to fix it as well i have taken a picture of what it looks like on my tv with a digital camera. By the way the background from the tv is just the reflection of my living room and the picture doesn’t have the greatest quality. Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Could you post a bigger picture, we may have missed something. :rolleyes: :eek:
Next time you may want to save it a little smaller and as a png just to be nice to people on dail-up. :slight_smile:

Hi new here i am looking for some to remove watermarks from videos also and see that you guys are talking about cce can you tell me were to find it and how to buy the full version

http://www.cinemacraft.com/eng/index.html