Remove Ubuntu

Hi, I just installed Ubuntu but I want to return to windows, specially because all the information I had in windows is gone, How? I have a HP pavilion dv5. I know this laptops have a recovery disk which will install the windows and all the HP information again, how can I get to that space?

Thank You

If you used Ubuntu to format your hard drive the information may be lost permanently. The only way to put windows back in this case is to obtain a set of recovery cd’s from the manufacturer.
You need software to examine the hard drive to see if the recovery partition is still there. If so you will require a dos disc to boot to and then navigate to the partition and do a restore.

as I said I have a HP so the HD is devided on two and all the installation discs are inside that but how can I enter to that side, please help me i really miss my windows, and can you tell me what software can I use to see if my information stills there

[QUOTE=teruoba;2310979]as I said I have a HP so the HD is devided on two and all the installation discs are inside that but how can I enter to that side, [/QUOTE]Please look into the manual of your computer in order to learn how to start the system recovery. If I remember correctly, you need to press a certain key during startup.

Michael

According to the Manual there should be CD’s . Does not show a Recovery Partition

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=za&dlc=en&product=499849

If you have two partitions, you should be able to install/enable grub, which allows you to choose partitions on startup.

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/

I like the Wubi installer that comes with later Ubuntu versions :slight_smile:

Michael

the problem is that when I installed ubuntu I didnt left windows, so the only OS I have is Ubuntu, I really need help on this, I know all my pictures and files, movies and music everything will be gone but I really need it back.

Thank you very much for your help

Then you need the recovery discs for your computer. If you didn’t get them, you’ll have to contact HP support.

Michael

can you also tell me or were can i download things I need to format my computer or teach me how to?

You can use the Ubuntu CD (in case you still have it) to wipe your HDD. Run it as live CD, and use Gparted to delete the partitions.

I guess, the HP recovery disc will wipe and format the HDD also.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2311834]I guess, the HP recovery disc will wipe and format the HDD also.[/QUOTE]Yes, it will. You will be left with an exact replica of what lies on your recovery partition.

What might be something you might not want.