Remove riplock from my laptop drive

vbimport

my laptop has a TS-L633C in it and I want to remove riplock and the patch utility here make no mention of laptop drives and will not load the FW for my drive. anyone know if there is a way to remove the riplock from this drive?

Hi,

on slim drives, I consider the limitation of read speed as a measure to avoid early failure of these finicky units. And they are rather slow anyway, so there won’t be much benefit from a riplock patch.

And as you already found out , there is no tool that supports your drive here. MCSE might be able to change the drive to RPC1, though.

Michael

thanks for the info. after a little more digging I found that there is not even a firmware update for the american model of this drive just the korean model so I can’t do anything really.

I really don’t rip that often but when I posted that I was copying a 13 disc set for a friend, I ended up just finishing it on my desktop

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2599503]thanks for the info. after a little more digging I found that there is not even a firmware update for the american model of this drive just the korean model so I can’t do anything really.[/QUOTE]There is no problem using firmware from their korean site.

On the other hand, this is just another piece of OEM firmware like the OEM firmware from Dell, HP, Acer or whoever the manufacturer of your laptop is. So such a firmware has to be applied by crossflashing methods as described in the FAQ.

Michael