Remove playable cell in "Cars"

Thanks for great program and always updates.

DVDFabHDDecrypter(latest 4.0.2.5beta) removes playable cell(Easter Egg) in “Cars”.
I found the reason of problem. When menu has multiple sets of buttons, Fab seems to recognize only buttons in 1st set.

The cell of menu has 3 sets of buttons, and 3 set each has 7 buttons.
No.7 button in only 2nd set has the command which jumps to Easter Egg. But No.7 button in 1st and 3rd sets have different command.
This problem is fixed by editting the command of No.7 button in 1st set same as 2nd set.

By the way, RipIt4Me removes and is fixed by same method, too.

Regards.

What are your PathPlayer settings?

[QUOTE=signals;1959904]What are your PathPlayer settings?[/QUOTE]

"Always enable"
Because I want to confirm the function of PathPlayer.

Regards.

Latest ver.4.0.3.0 removes playable cell.

Regards.

Thanks for Fengtao.
Latest ver.4.0.3.2 seems not to remove playable cell.

But there is shown “PathPlayer is disabled” in Info window, even though setting is “Always enable PathPlayer”.
Before there was shown many cells as unplayable cells.

Can I understand that Pathplayer itself is fixed in latest version?
Or I can’t notice whether PathPlayer was fixed or not?
(at least about recognization of multiple sets of buttons)

Regards.

I tried ver.4.0.3.5beta.
The problem that PathPlayer is always disable about “Cars” is fixed.
The problem that playable cell is removed is fixed.
Thanks very much.

But It is strange that the result is same whether new option “Check for multiple set of BOVs” is ON or OFF.

Regards.

@jinjin_jp

Probably the multiple sets were regular menu buttons (menu domain) and not BOVs (titles domain).

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;1966931]@jinjin_jp

Probably the multiple sets were regular menu buttons (menu domain) and not BOVs (titles domain).

Regards[/QUOTE]

A happy new year.

Yes.
I’ve not known BOV is the word for title, not for menu.
Thanks very much.

Regards.

Always a pleasure my friend! :slight_smile:

Regards

Thanks for new 4.3.6.0.

I confirmed Fab works comletely.
Playable cell(VTS) is removed when “Check for multiple set of BOVs” is on, and not when off.

I think it had better tha this option is “on” because generally anyone can’t kwow whether multiple set of button exist or not before processing.

Regards.

Hi jinjin_jp,

Thank you very much for helping us to fix the problem.

I think the new option need be “off” by default, since “Check for multiple set of BOVs” is slower, and only a few discs need it to be “on”.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=jinjin_jp;1967738]Thanks for new 4.3.6.0.

I confirmed Fab works comletely.
Playable cell(VTS) is removed when “Check for multiple set of BOVs” is on, and not when off.

I think it had better tha this option is “on” because generally anyone can’t kwow whether multiple set of button exist or not before processing.

Regards.[/QUOTE]

Do you check if it fix the problem with Japan movie 8 below

[QUOTE=calcu007;1968361]Do you check if it fix the problem with Japan movie 8 below[/QUOTE]

It is already fixed in ver.4.0.2.0beta.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-2-0-beta-233944/#post1953778
Of course, ver.4.0.3.6 has no problem.

Regards.

[QUOTE=fengtao;1967756]Hi jinjin_jp,

Thank you very much for helping us to fix the problem.

I think the new option need be “off” by default, since “Check for multiple set of BOVs” is slower, and only a few discs need it to be “on”.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]
Yes, it’s slower, but how does the average user know there’s more than 1 set of buttons? Most users don’t know what multiple sets of buttons are (I know this sounds derogatory, but it’s true).

Each to his own, but if it were me, I’d leave it on by default - or at least pop up some sort of warning, if you discover it on the rip and ask the user if he wants to explore all sets of buttons. Exploration time is unimportant compared to doing a full rip again and the complaints you get like:

Q: "Why did my backup not copy the Easyter Egg?"
A: "Cos it had multiple button sets (what? you didn’t know they were there? how strange!) and now, you have to turn this config item on and re-rip the whole thing again.

Regards

Hi Les,

I have to say, you are right :slight_smile:

The next version will enable “Check for multiple set of BOVs” by default.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;1968854]Hi Les,

I have to say, you are right :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]
It happens (very occasionally :D)

Happy New Year.

Regards