Remove LaserLock

vbimport

Hi there, I’ve just bought the first Dino Crisis for PC on eBay and it costed me quite a lot (it’s a pretty rare game), so I’d prefer to make my own personal copy and use it to play, the law allows me to do it.

So, which software can I use? CloneCD only makes a 1:1 copy, but I’d want to make a copy with the LaserLock protection already removed. Is it possible?

The purpose of our forums always was to make working backups - not to remove the copy protection or rather alter the protected exe/dll.

Having said that: there always is/was the option to use NoCD files which have the protection removed - but we don’t support the usage of those and don’t condone links to such files, sorry:
http://club.myce.com/f20/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html

[QUOTE=Matteo91;2718601]Hi there, I’ve just bought the first [I]Dino Crisis[/I] for PC on eBay and it costed me quite a lot (it’s a pretty rare game), so I’d prefer to make my own personal copy and use it to play, the law allows me to do it.

So, which software can I use? CloneCD only makes a 1:1 copy, but I’d want to make a copy with the LaserLock protection already removed. Is it possible?[/QUOTE]
If what you want to do is to make a personal copy and use it to play the game, either CloneCD or alcohol with do the job nicely. You will then be able to play the game from the copy and never take the original out of the box or case again until the copy is lost or destroyed (when you can use the original to make a new working copy).

Whilst it may be possible to make a copy with the protection removed, it is neither legal nor particularly desirable to do so.

[QUOTE=philamber;2718741]Whilst it may be possible to make a copy with the protection removed, it is neither legal nor [B]particularly desirable to do so[/B].[/QUOTE]
Why?:rolleyes:

There are 3 reasons-

1. Because the modified executable will be a different size than that of the original it won’t be possible to install the game from the copy without some further moderately sophisticated (and illegal) hacking.

2. Most games have legitimate update patches to fix various bugs and issues with game play that are discovered after the original release and these legitimate patches won’t work if the executable to be updated has been hacked.

3. As stated above, it’s illegal (even in countries where it is lawful to make and use a back-up copy).