Remove gap between tracks?!

I’ve seen this question a thousand times but still don’t’ have a straight answer…

I have a mixtape cd. I know I can make an exact audio copy and get perfect copies w/o gaps (silence) in-between, but I want to rip this mixtape to the hard drive and be able to make copies from there.

Once I rip the tracks to the hd, the tracks are seperated and when burned back to cd, there will be gaps in between each track. Question is, how can I burn these tracks to cd and remove the silent gaps in order to listen to the cd straight thru?

Do I need a special burning software that can do this? And even if I do, is there a way to burn an internet downloaded cd rip onto cd w/o gaps? Audio mix cds on the net are always split by track and when u go to burn the cd, you’ll have the gaps.

Help plz?

Welcome to the freak-show :smiley:

If I understood you correctly…the original has no gaps…therefore, make an image of the original on your HD and burn from that each time you need a new copy.

[QUOTE=deanimator;2269638]Welcome to the freak-show :smiley:

If I understood you correctly…the original has no gaps…therefore, make an image of the original on your HD and burn from that each time you need a new copy.[/QUOTE]

o.O i see… will try right now.

BUT, how about a downloaded ‘cd’ from the internet? tracks are already split and seems to me like there’s gonna be a gap everytime. Can this be fixed? Does it have something to do with how the cd was ripped in the first place?

Most compressed formats like MP3 are based on ‘frames’ consisting of a certain number of samples. If the song ends before the end of the last frame it will be padded with silence. These gaps are difficult to impossible to eliminate. If you rip to WAV format you should be able to burn the tunes back without gaps, because there aren’t frames in WAV.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2269798]Most compressed formats like MP3 are based on ‘frames’ consisting of a certain number of samples. If the song ends before the end of the last frame it will be padded with silence. These gaps are difficult to impossible to eliminate. If you rip to WAV format you should be able to burn the tunes back without gaps, because there aren’t frames in WAV.[/QUOTE]

So unless the user specifically ‘tells’ the cd ripping program to save the data (tracks) in a manner that can be burned back to cd without any gaps then there is audio data lost when ripping a cd to mp3 format?

Is this piece of data highlighted in the pic basically lost when ripping? Sounds like all audio in this black bar that represents the track change is lost…

Also, if I rip a cd in WAV format and then go and burn a cd from the files, will the cd be made seamless between tracks using Disc-at-once? Perfect transition, no click, no silence, no pop?

thnx

If you rip to MP3 you may or may not have gaps, depending on if the music ends on a frame boundary. Ripping to WAV should not have gaps, assuming your burning program doesn’t insert them (example, Nero allows you to burn without additional gaps, but you have to select that option).

nero is alot better… the gap is gone but there’s still a click (or small piece of audio) missing between tracks… guess there’s no way to tell if thats fixable.