Removal of iTunes copy protection?

vbimport

How do I remove protection or convert iTunes format MPEG4 to another to copy from HD to CD? :confused:

Thanks in advance!! :iagree:

Here ya go:

http://hymn-project.org/ .

:bow:Fernandose

Hymn does not work with Itunes 6… Is there anything else around?

I have been getting around this by batch burning my purchased music within Itunes 6 to a CDRW and then immediatley ripping it back to MP3. It seems to work fine for my purposes. I have a jukebox PC in my loungeroom and the software I run on it does not play DRM protected files, so in order to play the music i have bought online i need to decrypt it. Up until Itunes opened in Australia, I was stuck to going down the illegal path or ripping my physical CD’s.

My question is , is there any program along the lines of Alcohol that can create a “virtual CDRW/DVDRW” that Itunes can recognise as a physical burner, which i can then burn to an image and the rip back by mounting that image. Dont know if its possible, but it would cut out the need to burn to CDRW and keep erasing it each time.

Here’s a trick that works rather well:
dbPoweramp->Auxiliary Input->Source->“What you Hear”. Record to WAV :slight_smile: or other format.
To see the full thread look here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362

EDIT: Assuming you have a Soundblaster card. Not sure about other cards, sorry.

^ That or you could use MESSER, a direct MP3 sound recorder. It’s what I use to record MP3’s with DRM.

go to freemymp3.com there is a free step by step guide. works with any service and converts protected music really fast too. It works for me but i use napster. there are are a lot of other cool stuff on that site too. hope it works out.

I just found this thread using the search. I’ve read in other threads that Tunebite could help, did anyone try to convert Itunes files with Tunebite already?

I just found this thread using the search. I’ve read in other threads that Tunebite could help, did anyone try to convert Itunes files with Tunebite already?

All Tunebite can do is a screen recording which turns out like crud when you go to watch it.

Meh, just realized this is about a 7-year-old thread. :o

So you mean it records the sound that goes to the speakers right? And that sound quality is bad?! But it’s digital, right?

[QUOTE=RexHunt;2655242]So you mean it records the sound that goes to the speakers right? And that sound quality is bad?! But it’s digital, right?[/QUOTE]

I’ll let you in a little secret somebody told me about called Requiem. It successfully removes the DRM from iTunes movies, but it will only work on titles that you bought. It won’t work on rentals, etc. They had something similar for music before iTunes went to mostly DRM free music.

First step is you need to download iTunes 10.5.3. It’s a little bit older version, but Requiem hasn’t been updated for the latest versions of iTunes yet. A simple Google search will lead you to somewhere that you can get 10.5.3.

Next step is to make sure you have Java installed on your computer, or else go to their website and download it and install it on your computer.

Next step, go here. This is the link for Requiem. This is for PC, if you need the Mac one, the YouTube video has it posted in the link.

Lastly, open iTunes 10.5.3, browse to the part of the iTunes Store that says “Purchased,” and you will need to re-download your purchased movies. Once that is done, close out iTunes, and run Requiem and it should successfully turn them into a DRM-free .m4v file.

Here is a YouTube video on it. This is the guy who told me about it so if you have any questions, I’m sure he can help answer them.

If your i-Device has to have iOS6, what you have to do then is get VMWare and run iTunes 10.6.3 and Requiem on the VM and then run the latest version of iTunes on your host computer. That will do the trick too. Or you could just buy the physical DVD at the store and use DVDFab to back it up.

I’m not on iOS6 so I will try your first suggestion, thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=RexHunt;2657979]I’m not on iOS6 so I will try your first suggestion, thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

It might take a couple tries to play with Java to get it to work especially if you are running a 64-bit OS.

[QUOTE=hogger129;2657975]If your i-Device has to have iOS6, what you have to do then is get VMWare and run iTunes 10.6.3 and Requiem on the VM and then run the latest version of iTunes on your host computer. That will do the trick too. Or you could just buy the physical DVD at the store and use DVDFab to back it up.[/QUOTE]

*10.5.3, not 10.6.3.

Basically all you’re doing is running an older version of iTunes that will work with Requiem in a separate OS (VM) and then you’ll have the latest and greatest on your host computer that will work with the iOS6 upgrade.

This site seems to have all the back versions of iTunes in both 64 and 32 bit in case anybody is having trouble locating the right version of the program.

Just want to make it clear one more time too that this will only work on the ones you’ve [B][U]purchased[/U][/B].

I see they came out with version 4.0 that will work in iTunes 10.7.0.21 now.