Removal of copyrite protection from a dvd that I bought

vbimport

I bought Plato dvd ripper pro but I tried to rip a new dvd that
I just bought and it is copy protected(says it on dvd) and it is scrambled when I try to rip…Am I out of luck or can protection be removed? HELP!

You should try to get your money back on that program.

The two best dvd decryption programs available are DVDFab and AnyDVD. Neither are free. They work a bit differently, since DVDFab is an all in one program that can both rip and compress to fit a single layer dvd, and AnyDVD is just the decryption program. AnyDVD will work in conjunction with free programs like DVDShrink very well if you need to remove sections or compress to fit your target disk. Both programs have free trials to test their effectiveness.

DVDFab does have a section within it called DVDFab HD Decrypter. It will continue to function as a decryption program for you even after the trial is finished. Once the trial is finished, you can decrypt with DVDFab HD Decrypter and compress with DVDShrink, so this option or combination of programs is one of the few that is completely free and effective. The only downside is that DVDFab HD Decrypter will lag behind the commercial version by 30 to 60 days on decryption abilities. Not a problem unless you want to work with the very latest releases.

By the way, copyright protection is a legal term/concept. Even when you remove the encryption placed on the movies, it is still protected by copyright. This means you can only make backups for your own personal use, and they must be from dvds that you actually own.

The program I bought is being used strictly so I can place the dvd on my I touch…did
I still make a poor purchase? It seems to have worked for must of the dvds I wanted
to rip to my I touch…please continue your thoughts in this matter. THANKS

New copy protection schemes are introduced all the time for dvd movies. Many of the poor decryption programs lag far behind in solving these copy protections, so you run into a fair number that are beyond their capabilities, at least until they update the program again.

AnyDVD and DVDFab are updated quite often. I’ve seen several updates for AnyDVD in the course of a couple of days. Other programs, like yours, often lag behind by months.

It sounds like your program is not only a decrypter, but a conversion program, since it can produce videos for your Itouch. You might want to get the trial for AnyDVD and rip the entire movie to the hard drive with its built-in ripping function. Then work with the movie off the hard drive using your current program to convert to the format used in your device.

I don’t know if your program will work with AnyDVD in the background or not…some have problems with that. You’d just have to test it, or turn off AnyDVD when you start it.

The trial for AnyDVD is for 21 days. It won’t hurt anything to try it. www.slysoft.com