Remotely Burn CD Over Network?

I want to burn the files on my laptop using the burner in my desktop PC. Is there any way to do this without having to physically copy the files over to the desktop PC?

For Example: If I wanted to create a mixed audio CD using iTunes, I want my laptop to be able to see the remote burner so that I don’t have to go find each song file individually in all my music folders.

Hi gastro54, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

If you have Nero 6 Burning ROM on your laptop pc (not Nero 7!) then you can install NeroNET on your desktop PC and configure Nero on your laptop pc so that you can burn to it over the network.

Behind the scenes an NRG image will be copied to the NeroNET pc before burning starts, however, so it’s more of a convenience - it doesn’t save much time.

There’s another solution based on iSCSI and Alcohol 120% that I haven’t tried.

A previous post claims that you can do it with DiscJuggler.

There’s also a solution similar to NeroNET for Linux systems and I think it’s open source. If you look for it you may be able to find the post here on CDFreaks, but I don’t remember the name of the Linux equivalent to NeroNET.

You could also share a folder from your laptop pc, and then mount it as a network drive on your desktop pc and burn the files or image from there. Unless you have Gigabit Ethernet, you shouldn’t attempt to burn any faster than 6x over the network.