Reminder: it’s Windows 10 Day!

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Reminder: it’s Windows 10 Day![newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/05/windows-10-logo-95x75.gif[/newsimage]

29th July 2015. It’s here.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/reminder-its-windows-10-day-76804/](http://www.myce.com/news/reminder-its-windows-10-day-76804/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yes if you have more than one PC/Device.
And if you are logged in to your microsoft account when you install/upgrade them,
you will only have one key to use on all of them.
info from this link, see below
https://account.microsoft.com/devices

[B]Your devices[/B]

PC1-Bernie
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10240.16405)

PC2-Jo
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Notebook-Bernie
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

NoteBook-Jo
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

[QUOTE=bernievink;2757616]Yes if you have more than one PC/Device.
And if you are logged in to your microsoft account when you install/upgrade them,
you will only have one key to use on all of them.
info from this link, see below
https://account.microsoft.com/devices

[B]Your devices[/B]

PC1-Bernie
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

PC2-Jo
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Notebook-Bernie
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

NoteBook-Jo
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10240.16405)[/QUOTE]
You don’t have one key at all, You don’t have any key :wink: . When you install w10 it creates a hash of your hardware and some other things then it stores that hash file on their servers. When you install it again at another time it just checks that hash to see if it is the same or changed, Guess what happens if it’s changed too much.

[QUOTE=slayerking;2757680]You don’t have one key at all, You don’t have any key :wink: .[/QUOTE]

Wrong again my friend, I used the magical jelly bean key finder on each machime, and they all show the same 25 character key (VK7JG---*****-3V66T) center hidden for security.

[QUOTE=bernievink;2757682]Wrong again my friend, I used the magical jelly bean key finder on each machime, and they all show the same 25 character key (VK7JG---*****-3V66T) center hidden for security.[/QUOTE]
Not wrong at all you are. There is one key for home and one for pro so of course it will find the same key. W10 takes a hash of your hardware, that key and something else. It then stores that hash key in the cloud, Notice you don’t have to press activate it is automatically activated when you install it. Unless you bought a retail version you have no key and use the default key that everyone else has using that version (pro or home) that got it free. With that key you are using pro. Stuff it here is your key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T oops how did I know that.

let me guess the first lot you starred out begin with N the next starts with C and the last lot start with a 9. no security as everyone that got it free has that key for pro don’t know what the home one is never used it.

Yeah, funny thing, that. The Microsoft page really does make it seem like you need your unique key, but then even without reserving a download, you can download its standalone Win10 installer and it will basically do exactly as said: if the current (old) installation is activated and genuine, it’ll automatically activate the upgrade.

I have 5 rigs in my home, I only installed Windows 10 Pro on one of them to see if I like it and how long its going to take to get used to it. The download from Windows update got corrupted somehow on the installation and my whole machine froze up. So I did a Parted magic wipe of my SSD and installed a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on the same SSD. Now I have no issues. It seems stable. I did the second clean install from a USB stick and used the MS Media Creator.

[QUOTE=Albert;2757716]Yeah, funny thing, that. The Microsoft page really does make it seem like you need your unique key, but then even without reserving a download, you can download its standalone Win10 installer and it will basically do exactly as said: if the current (old) installation is activated and genuine, it’ll automatically activate the upgrade.[/QUOTE]Yeah mate, If you want to try it out you can clean install it and not even touch your msa to it by using a local account and it will still be under your devices in your msa. The upgrade uses that embedded key to make the hash and microsofts servers do the rest.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2757720]I have 5 rigs in my home, I only installed Windows 10 Pro on one of them to see if I like it and how long its going to take to get used to it. The download from Windows update got corrupted somehow on the installation and my whole machine froze up. So I did a Parted magic wipe of my SSD and installed a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on the same SSD. Now I have no issues. It seems stable. I did the second clean install from a USB stick and used the MS Media Creator.[/QUOTE]If you still have the files it downloaded for the upgrade through windows you can get esd to iso and extract it to your desktop then go to the hidden $windows.~bt folder on C:\ then to the sources folder in there and grab the “install.esd” file and put it in with the esdtoiso files, Right click the esdtoiso file run as admin and follow the prompts and in a couple of minutes you will have the 10240 iso :wink:

[QUOTE=bernievink;2757682]Wrong again my friend, I used the magical jelly bean key finder on each machime, and they all show the same 25 character key (VK7JG----3V66T) center hidden for security.[/QUOTE]
After your comment Slayerking I used the VBS script available in good places and can now say that all my PCs used this key (TY4CG-
---HCFC6) center hidden for security. tell me there is something wrong with this one.

[QUOTE=bernievink;2757747]After your comment Slayerking I used the VBS script available in good places and can now say that all my PCs used this key (TY4CG---*****-HCFC6) center hidden for security. tell me there is something wrong with this one.[/QUOTE]
That’s the place holder key :wink: Were you running the 10240 insider? or did you upgrade from w8.1? Did you run that on a home version? The legit key for pro is the first one you posted VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T if you do a fresh install this will be the only key you should see. I remeber having that key but don’t have it in my list, This is two other keys they used but are disabled now NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR and from 10158 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV as I said these ones are deactivated so wont work. Couldn’t find the keys on the insider forum as they deleted them all, but I did find this https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f0st5/whats_up_with_the_generic_keys/ if you look down the page a little bit someone is asking the same thing as you about that key.

Don’t worry what you have is stored on the microsoft servers which is the hash of your hardware, The w10 key and I think the qualifying key from the previous os, That hash says it’s you and they know who you are mwaahahahaha. Like I said if you ever do a clean install skip signing in with a msa and create a local account then go to your msa devices page and the new system will be there, Then just change the account to the msa after you check it out.