Remember This

vbimport

Does anybody remember this

It looks like one of those old professions that dissapeared because of automation. :slight_smile:

Way before my time.

Interesting the way the pins on the right are smaller.

I wonder was this for kids?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2740709]Way before my time.

Interesting the way the pins on the right are smaller.

I wonder was this for kids?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
I was a pin setter when I was 7 years old, my uncle Morris owned a bowling alley with 11 lanes and he had over 200 pinball machines also. I got paid .75 cents an hour and I worked 12 hours on Sat and 14 on Sunday.

Ialway throught this was a new invention
and what is the guy in the bottom doing

Looks like he is “dusting” the windows.

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2740728]Looks like he is “dusting” the windows.[/QUOTE]

No George he’s not dusting or washing windows but it’s a job he doing.

Is that how the NSA used to listen in on conversations before we had cell phones and internetz?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2740783]Is that how the NSA used to listen in on conversations before we had cell phones and internetz?[/QUOTE]

I think you are right, just a long pole and worked like a styascope (sp). Now I will have to kill you because you know too much HEHEHEHE snear snear

ONLY The Shadow knows

No guys it a alarm clock the guy was paid to go house to house waking people up,it was before the invention of the alarm clock.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2740792]No guys it a alarm clock the guy was paid to go house to house waking people up,it was before the invention of the alarm clock.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t want to spoil it for others but they were known as ‘knocker uppers’ here.

They were usually gas lamplighters and if you gave them a cup of tea or some other small favour they’d waken you up when they came round.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Knocker uppers’ that’s great ok this one is great -who’s steering