Remaster Mp3

Is there any application that can digital remaster (Equalize) Mp3 files? Without turning them into Wave and then encoding them again into Mp3.

Hi,

have a look at Audacity.

Michael

Is there any application that can digital remaster (Equalize) Mp3 files? Without turning them into Wave and then encoding them again into Mp3.

Most playback software has equalizers. But if you want to apply any filter permanently to the file (except volume change or normalizing) you’ll need to re-encode.

@ OP, why not just use MP3Gain to normalize? It’s a lossless ( reversible) modification , so no re-encoding involved…

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2295263]@ OP, why not just use MP3Gain to normalize? It’s a lossless ( reversible) modification , so no re-encoding involved…

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/[/QUOTE]

I was more thinking of applying equalizer change, as I have some radio songs that have a straight sound, without any deepness in them. I turned them into wave and gave them more deep sound with the help of Sound Forge equalizer filters.
Although turning them into Mp3 again will make them lose quality again.

They did not gain any quality when you turned the .mp3’s back to .wav .They only gained size.
So if the changes made were to the .mp3 source .wav files there should be no loss going back to .mp3.
IMO

[QUOTE=cholla;2295283]They did not gain any quality when you turned the .mp3’s back to .wav .They only gained size.
So if the changes made were to the .mp3 source .wav files there should be no loss going back to .mp3.
IMO[/QUOTE]

Filters improved the sound in the wave format. Every time you re-encode a Mp3 file, there is always a quality loss.

[QUOTE=Nicoliani;2295290]Filters improved the sound in the wave format. Every time you re-encode a Mp3 file, there is always a quality loss.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and like olyteddy stated above, " if you want to apply any filter permanently to the file (except volume change or normalizing) you’ll need to [I]re-encode[/I]."
And as you well know, you will loose more quality with every re-encode or transcoding lossy -> lossy…
That said, try a few tracks and [I]test[/I] for [I]yourself[/I], maybe the quality difference will be transparent/acceptable, from the original MP3s…