Remaking help

hi

i downloaded a copy of dvd remake pro to try it out but im having problems working out how to use its advanced funtions

first id like to know how to make my dvd player skip blanked out frames

2nd id like to know if its possable to compleatley remove unwanted frames rarther than just blanking them out

To skip blank frames, enable Auto Bypass under Tools/Options menu.

To completely remove unwanted clip, you would delete it rather than hide/blank it. But then you must adjust navigational commands. If you’re not familiar with DVD commands, then don’t use this approach. Hiding would be fine.

I suggest you read the manual as a start and read through these threads as your questions might be answered there.

hi

To completely remove unwanted clip, you would delete it rather than hide/blank it. But then you must adjust navigational commands.

this would be the ideal aproch but i dont know how to do this i have tryed asking for help like this in the past but have always came up empty

so if you know of a simple guild that will tell me how to compleatley remove unwanted bits rarther than just hiding them that will explain how to adjust navigational commands afterwords that would be grate

It will not be a simple guide. The requirement is that you have a basic knowledge of DVD commands. It will be tough for a guide to show you what each command does. Besides, there’s no way for the guide to cover all grounds as each DVD is authored differently. However, it’s coming, just be patient.

hi

perhaps it would be better then to write the instructions for dvd remake pro as editing dvd through dvdremake pro will be far easer and less complex then using tools like ifo/pcg edit

to delete a block, choose the video title set, and go into the program chain. You should see “blocks” a few tabs over is “programs”, click on this tab, and select the block you want to get rid of. Right click and click delete block. Then delete any invalid program chains under vmg titles. Also (depending on the blocks you are removing) you may need to edit the opening settings. To check if it works, click file test dvd before doing the full thing. It will save you alot of time if things go wrong.

hi

i dont follow ?

if you are suggesting what i think you are then it dosnt work becaue i have already tryed it

ok here is the situation my test case is you will

i rip the whole dvd to my hd with anydvd i then import that to dvdremake pro at which time i then use the delete VTS command to delete all but 2 of the video title sets the 2 that contain the menus extras and movie

i then go in to title set 2 and program chains and remove 1 or 2 pgc that contain some copyright message

now im left with sevral red flags on vidieo title set 2 and videomaneger when i hover the mouse over thoughs redflags i get a little popup that says

*= a given number 1,2,3 etc

vmg/titles :vmg title * referenced to undefined vts was it deleted
vts2/title *:chapter * referenced to invalid pgc was it deleted

now what do i need to do to fix this

title set 1 is the movie title set 2 is the extras and menu system

Delete one, then change the settings of the other to jump to vts1. also make a test disk to find out if it worked

errr nope not quite so easy as that me thinks here are a few screenies

when i first import the dvd

next i delete the 6 unneeded title sets and i see this

now from here i get a lil stuck and im not quite sure what im suposed to do

What dvd are you editing?

its called the Kingdom Of Heaven i chose that as a test case as there was less to remove therefore making for an easer job

well in therie anyway

ok, see if the ads you want to remove are in a vts, if they are, delete them, and then delete the references to it in the vmg titles

ok, see if the ads you want to remove are in a vts, if they are, delete them, and then delete the references to it in the vmg titles

i tryed following the dvd structure so that i could remove the verious pointers pertaining to contents thats been removed and im geting no where there just dosnt seem to be any logical pattern to anything and im just geting lost

ill tell you what i wish someone would code an app that would automaticley resequence the dvd structuer after removing unwanted title sets becaue this is frustrating the hell out of me

i can remove the unwanted contents but i cant get the dam thing to play coz the removel process messes up the dvd structure

the anoying ironie in all of this is that removing the whole title sets is suposed to make life easyer by reducing the amount of messing round i have to do

why is it that what should be a simple 5 minite operation has to be so god damed complicated cant anything ever just be easy

For beginners, I recommend hiding, with Auto Bypass on, b/c it’s easy. You don’t have to mess with the structure. Deleting things are meant for advanced users when they already know how the dvd structure and commands work, and how to fix it. If you don’t take a crash course and spend time reading, and even if we help you with this dvd, you’re going to have problem with the next dvd when you’re deleting things.

When you delete VTS, you have to delete the VMG Title as well, but then there will be other red things popping up. So it’s not going to end there. You also have to fix the menu navigation as well. The strategy is to delete one item at a time, then see where the red items pop up, look in there and try to fix it. The problem is you have to know where it will go first before deleting, so you know how to bypass it. e.g. you have A -> B -> C -> D, and you delete B & C, so you want A -> D. This means a trace ahead, making note of the state of registers, is required so you know what the destination is.

As I mentioned on the other thread, w/o the files, I can’t help you. But before that, please update to 3.4.2 from your account first, then we’ll go from there.

hi

Is there a program that is capable of fixing invalid ifo files created by the deletion of unwanted title sets ??

see what I’m wondering is as editing the structure of a dvd seems to be so difficult why it is that no one has come up with an automated method of doing this

I understand that each dvd structure is different and there for needs to be edited in a different way but surely it must be possible

see I would have though that it would merely be a case of examining the ordinal dvd structure then comparing that to the dvd structure at it is after editing at which point the program should then have all the info it needs to work out how correct the dvd structure

When you delete VTS, you have to delete the VMG Title as well, but then there will be other red things popping up. So it’s not going to end there. You also have to fix the menu navigation as well. The strategy is to delete one item at a time, then see where the red items pop up, look in there and try to fix it.

the problem i have with this method is finding the dead ends in the sequence

now i can remove title set 8 with no problems but when it comes to removing any of the other title sets i cant seem to locate the dead ends in the sequence the foul up playback

You’re already jumping into advanced editing when you don’t even pass the basics. It’s like jumping grades. Try reading here for a start: http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/index.php so you understand how it works. And get familiar with commands. You don’t have to memorize it. In DvdReMake, there’s a brief description of what each one does. When you encounter a Jump/Call command and you don’t know where it leads, Open Destination (Ctrl+Space) will lead you to it. I use this most of the time, mainly saves me from clicking the destination. Just keep pressing Ctrl+Space until you get there.

As I said earlier, without the files I can’t help you walk through it. You’ve been at this for a week. You could’ve finished this a long time ago if you just hide.

Is there a program that is capable of fixing invalid ifo files created by the deletion of unwanted title sets ??

see what I’m wondering is as editing the structure of a dvd seems to be so difficult why it is that no one has come up with an automated method of doing this
Maybe you can try PgcEdit, it has many functions and macros that could help you. “Calls cross reference” and “Find jumps to nowhere” are helpful when it comes to deleting stuff. The limitation of the program is that you can only delete the last VTS or PGC.

DvdReMake Pro is still at its infancy stage when it comes to debug feature, simulating states and automated fix after modification. It’s probably already on the to-do list.

hi

with regards to editing the dvd structure I’ve found a somewhat crude but effective way that should allow even newbs to delete unwanted title sets with out fracking up the dvd structure

it works on the same principul as blanking leave the dvd structure intact so that commands can be processed

its so simple i cant beleve noone has ever though of it before

1. preview and delete unwanted titel sets
  2. on in to video maneger and vmg titles and delete all the ones highlited in red
  3. then go through the red commands in the title sets you are keeping and point then at the main menu
  4. do a test export and open in your player and check that all the buttions work correctley if not then point each of the none funtioning buttions at the correct location and do another test export and ensure everything is now working correctley

if so ya ready to export and burn

i know its some what crude but its almost as easy as blanking just as effective and prevides a better end result becaue your set top box wont end up playing like 5 mins of blank screens where removed contents should be it will just pop right to the menu and you will save more space allowing for less compression and a better burn

now this brings me to my next question

menu editing

more specificley removing unwanted buttions while maintaining the motion menu

now i know this is possable to do if you are using still menus but how do i do this while keeping the motion menu

If this is your way, then you do so at your own risk.

more specificley removing unwanted buttions while maintaining the motion menu

now i know this is possable to do if you are using still menus but how do i do this while keeping the motion menu
Button graphics are imbedded into video. Not possible to remove with DvdReMake as it’s an editing tool. Use some authoring tool instead, like Adobe Premiere (Pro), VirtualdubMod, etc.