Reliable sources of MT1879LE ("ihas*24 a" etc) based drives?

vbimport

I am interested in picking up a new drive, and I like the idea of getting one based on MT1879LE for the potential of a crossflash enabling labeltag at some point. I have tried asking newegg and other vendors if they have A or Y smarterase drives in stock and they wont tell me. I would like the replacement soon but if I am going to buy one I might as well get the one I want.

Anyone know where you can now find any drives and KNOW that’s what your going to get?

[QUOTE=tastyratz;2519662]Anyone know where you can now find any drives and KNOW that’s what your going to get?[/QUOTE]

Yep sure do if you don’t mind doing a cross flash get your self a Asus DRW-24B1LT it can be cross flashed
to an iHAS424 with Light-Scribe or a iHAS524 with Label-Tag as it has the MT1879LE chip-set. I have two of
them installed and flashed to a iHAS424 and iHAS524 Label-Tag isn’t all it’s cracked up to be at least to me
it isn’t anyway, nor is Light-Scribe worth the extra time and money for the discs not to me it isn’t.

Asus DRW-24B1LT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135209

[QUOTE=getit29;2519729]Yep sure do if you don’t mind doing a cross flash get your self a Asus DRW-24B1LT it can be cross flashed
to an iHAS424 with Light-Scribe or a iHAS524 with Label-Tag as it has the MT1879LE chip-set…[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I plan on doing after seeing your signature a few days ago… :wink:

myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hero. That looks perfect I just snatched one up.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=tastyratz;2520007]myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hero.[/QUOTE]

aw shucks you’re making me blush :o LOL!!!

I’m just glad to be able to help out when and where I can, the real Liteon A MTK chip-set
drives are getting almost impossible to find it is about as rare finding one of them as it is
finding real 24K gold hen’s teeth. :bigsmile: