Reliable Lite-On Buner for scanning

vbimport

Hi guys,

i’m searching a reliable and good Lite-On Burner. The main purpose is scanning my burned DVDs. If the drive would also deliver good burning results, this would be great! I would be really happy, if you could give me some recommendations - THX! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Basically all liteon burners are able to support scans and are reliable drives. The only exception is for scanning CDs: too bad liteon [B]DVD[/B] burners are not completely reliable for CDs. But if you are interested in testing DVD only, then you are safe :bigsmile:

THX for your quick reply, Geno!

Could you suggest a specific model, like the LH-20A1S or the DH-20A4P?

Both models are good :slight_smile:

The main factor in the choice is your mainboard. Some SATA controllers are not able to support optical drives but only HDDs. Usually, when in doubt the best choice is the IDE model.

The newest model is the DH-20A4P?
Can you explain me the difference in the model number DH-20A4P-[B]06C[/B] and DH-20A4P-[B]21C[/B]?

If you are interested in doing quality scans on DL media and reporting jitter on both layers I think the 20A3 series drives are the only ones capable of doing that

[QUOTE=The Kipper;2040375]If you are interested in doing quality scans on DL media and reporting jitter on both layers I think the 20A3 series drives are the only ones capable of doing that[/QUOTE]

THX for this good hint! I burn a lot of DL DVDs, so a burner with with your mentioned capabilities would be the best choice for me! :slight_smile:

I got my LiteOn Burner (20A3H) several days ago and scanned some DVDs, especially DL+DVDs! The DL+DVDs (CMC MAG D03), burnt with the mentioned burner are all of surprisingly good quality - maybe too good! They all have a quality score of 95 - is that possible or gives the drive wrong results of DVDs burnt by itself??

[QUOTE=alnaphur;2051972]I got my LiteOn Burner (20A3H) several days ago and scanned some DVDs, especially DL+DVDs! The DL+DVDs (CMC MAG D03), burnt with the mentioned burner are all of surprisingly good quality - maybe too good! They all have a quality score of 95 - is that possible or gives the drive wrong results of DVDs burnt by itself??[/QUOTE]

The best way to check this is to run a scan with a previous version of cd-dvd speed. If results are comparable, then the software is working good :slight_smile:

Another good test is to scan the same discs with a different liteon drive (you can ask a friend if you don’t have it)