Reimage

vbimport

Just was reading about a product called Reimage. PC Magazines thinks highly of it, supposedly replaces bad and missing files. Any opinions?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2765167]Just was reading about a product called Reimage. PC Magazines thinks highly of it, supposedly replaces bad and missing files. Any opinions?[/QUOTE] You mean you want to make an image of your C drive so if anything happens you can restore it right? There are many programs that do this but I use ATI ( Acronis True Image) Its easy and it costs about 49.00. I always reimage to an external so I can either use a the Acromis Boot Disc or just set my drive option to boot from the uSB external and reimage the hard drive to time earlier than when it got screwed up.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2765168]You mean you want to make an image of your C drive so if anything happens you can restore it right?[/QUOTE]

No, I had to look it up. It scans your computer and repairs Windows (and Windows only) files from its own repository. $69/year for one computer. No thanks! I’ll stick with Acronis True Image for backups and possible Restore if I suffer a system problem I can’t fix…

That’s the case durkinjt then I would not buy it . Look intoAcronis True Image

[QUOTE=DukeOfUrl;2765170]No, I had to look it up. It scans your computer and repairs Windows (and Windows only) files from its own repository. $69/year for one computer.[/QUOTE]
I smell a scam…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2765193]I smell a scam…[/QUOTE]

It does smell a bit, doesn’t it. Someone needs to try it, and see if all it really does is run sfc.exe!

[QUOTE=DukeOfUrl;2765202]It does smell a bit, doesn’t it. Someone needs to try it, and see if all it really does is run sfc.exe![/QUOTE]
Why should they? Scam is a scam…

[QUOTE=DukeOfUrl;2765202]It does smell a bit, doesn’t it. Someone needs to try it, and see if all it really does is run sfc.exe![/QUOTE]

Google says its a virus, but who actually knows, no one is going to try it if its this bad, and why hasn’t anyone ever heard of it?

It’s a PUP…wouldn’t let it run on my system in a million years…:bigsmile:

As for replacing windows’ corrupt or missing system files,I think it’s hard to beat the ‘good old’ sfc /scannow command,ran as admin…:bow: