Regrets?

vbimport

Do you have regrets in life? If you could go back, knowing what you do now, and make changes around them, would you? What if you had a 2nd chance to redeem yourself now?

As for myself, I have a handful. All of which are things I didn’t do, not things I did.

Such as not spending more time with my dad before he passed away. Knowing what I do now, I would have cherished the time I had with him better and learned as much as I could from him, maybe I wouldn’t have made some of the mistakes I’ve made since. One of the reasons I spend as much time as I can with my son now.

Not acting on how I felt about a person a long time ago. Cowardice and lack of confidence led me to be passive with my feelings instead of letting them be known. I would go back and do something about it if I could. Fortunately, fate has allowed me another opportunity with this person, and I’m acting upon it. I refuse to wonder anymore like I have the past 10 years.

Not going to college is another. Indecision cost me dearly here, as I was unable to choose what career path I wanted. I’m working on getting enrolled, I finally figured it out.

Those are the 3 biggest ones for me. Feel free to share some of your own, and what you would do, or for that matter, have done, to correct them.

JIHATILSMAN
I do like everybody. There’s always the question what
if I had gone right instead of left. After going over my
life I would have to say no. I would not change anything.
For the simple reason that everyone is human and you
make some good decisions,and some bad. The thing is
not to dwell on them, and remember the person you are
today. Some mistakes,and faliures are your learning lessons
in life. They shape the person you are today.Most of the
time you look at things more clearly then you did.
ZAP:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I have a laundry list of things I would change and they cover nearly all aspects of my life. Some because the original decisions were outright mistakes and others because I would have the luxury of hindsight to make a better choice. I would say one of the big ones would be to not have been so materialistic. I bought way too many things that I really never needed and could have saved the money and been much better off today. All you young people here in your early twenties (living in the USA) could easily retire at 40-50 years old if you learned to live without the things you really don’t need and got into a habit of investing and saving. i try and tell this to my son but he listens about as well as I did when my Father tried to tell me.

I have a few regrets about things i have done and some that i didn’t do. They are private though :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing is, now I’m older and hopefully wiser. I’d quite probably make exactly the same mistakes again. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2170866]I have a few regrets about things i have done and some that i didn’t do. They are private though :p[/QUOTE]

Hehe. That just about sums it up for me, too. :iagree:

I think everyone can look back at their life and see forks in the road they wish they had taken, or not taken. The older you get the more of those you can see in hindsight, but I don’t know that it gives you any more insight into the ones upcoming.

I used to work with a guy and his first name is Regret. Regret Hester is his name.

I’m regretting I just read that Bob :wink: LMAO

Are there things I would have done differently knowing what I know now? Probably.

Do I have any regrets? No.

It doesn’t make sense to me to make wishes about things I cannot influence, including wishing I could change the past.

Only future decisions that I have influence on need worry me.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2171046]Are there things I would have done differently knowing what I know now? Probably.

Do I have any regrets? No.

It doesn’t make sense to me to make wishes about things I cannot influence, including wishing I could change the past.

Only future decisions that I have influence on need worry me.[/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: