Registration Problem

vbimport

I have had DVDFab installed for a few months, I have the registration code and have paid for it. Today when I opened the program its asking for the code again, I put it in and it restarts to only say again that my trail has expired. What should I do. I used a program called CC Cleaner which I always use did it remove something I needed?
PLEASE HELP ME!

[QUOTE=great_brothers;2127545]I have had DVDFab installed for a few months, I have the registration code and have paid for it. Today when I opened the program its asking for the code again, I put it in and it restarts to only say again that my trail has expired. What should I do. I used a program called CC Cleaner which I always use did it remove something I needed?
PLEASE HELP ME![/QUOTE]

See the guide below in my signature for doing a clean uninstall there is a guide for Vista and XP, and preform a clean install

BTW …welcome to the club :flower:

I tried doing the clean install following all steps including using a registery cleaner and doing it manualy, there must still be a file somewhere alearting dvdfab that it has been installed before any ideas. I am using Windows Vista home.

Other Vista users are reporting key problems also. May be a problem in the program. Try an email to DVDFab support.

[QUOTE=great_brothers;2127583]I tried doing the clean install following all steps including using a registery cleaner and doing it manualy, [B]there must still be a file somewhere alearting dvdfab that it has been installed before [/B]any ideas. I am using Windows Vista home.[/QUOTE]

“there must still be a file somewhere alearting dvdfab that it has been installed before”

Yes there is…BUT…that data and location is not and will not be given or placed in the guides, because of respect for Fengtao and his hard work, if it was known by all then no one would have to buy his great product

I have the registration code and have paid for it.

either double clicking on the key or copy paste without the asterisks.

Corrrect me if i’m wrong. Stormjumper say’s the key location is there, put will not say where, then all will have the key. When you purchased the program you get the key, so what is the secret of where it is. Seems Vista has the problem with not deleteing the key when you want to to a clean reinstall of the program. So what else is not getting deleted. I have Vista with Gold DVDFab on it. If I Wanted to upgrade to Platinum, I could not because the download for Gold or Platinum is only one download and it remembers your key and will be registered as Gold. When it was two downloads, one for Gold and one for Platinum no problem, Now there is a problem.

[QUOTE=camper913;2128070]Corrrect me if i’m wrong. Stormjumper say’s the key location is there, put will not say where, then all will have the key. When you purchased the program you get the key, so what is the secret of where it is. Seems Vista has the problem with not deleteing the key when you want to to a clean reinstall of the program. So what else is not getting deleted. I have Vista with Gold DVDFab on it. If I Wanted to upgrade to Platinum, I could not because the download for Gold or Platinum is only one download and it remembers your key and will be registered as Gold. When it was two downloads, one for Gold and one for Platinum no problem, Now there is a problem.[/QUOTE]If you have Gold and upgraded to Platinum why would you want to keep/have Gold? Platinum has Gold’s features plus a lot more.

Like StormJumper mentioned if everyone knew where to delete all of the registry keys not as many people would purchase DVDFab. They would just keep using the trial.

Make sense now?

Bob, no. If you are useing Vista, and you are useing Gold and you want to upgrade to Platimun and you have the key for Platinum after you purchased it and you do a delete of the program to download a new install to put the Platinum key in, you can’t. When you install the program and start it, it’s registered with Gold cause it’s keys are still in your computer for Gold. You do not get the inter registering key box. When I was useing XP I did not have this problem. I would think if your useing the try version. you would have a differant key code than the purchased version.

oh i understand you now. So when you install the key for Platinum it doesn’t take? I would think when you double click on the DVDFab5 key file it would unlock the Platinum features and no need to uninstall and re-install etc…

I never copied the key code when registering Platinum. I double clicked on the reg key file and that was it. By the way i am using Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit.

Have you tried to just double click on the DVDFab5 reg key file?

What is fengtao’s work around or reply to this problem i wonder?

[QUOTE=Bob;2128073]If you have Gold and upgraded to Platinum why would you want to keep/have Gold? Platinum has Gold’s features plus a lot more.

Like StormJumper mentioned [B]if everyone knew where to delete all of the registry keys not as many people would purchase DVDFab[/B]. They would just keep using the trial.

Make sense now?[/QUOTE]

That is correct my friend, I have known since day one when I first installed DVDFab …BUT…still paid for it, some may call me stupid for doing so:( but I’m an honest man :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2128122]That is correct my friend, I have known since day one when I first installed DVDFab …BUT…still paid for it, some may call me stupid for doing so:( but I’m an honest man :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]lol yeah…i’m sure i can find it if i spent some time on it but like you i’m an stupid/honest man also :wink:

They deserve to get paid for their work.

I need to make myself more clearer. The program does not give you a chance to click on a key to register if Gold or Platinum. It registers itself from what ever you had to start with. My key is not an attach type. I had it sent not in attach form. I use copy and paste. I can see we are not getting anywhere with this now. Will just have to wait till some other people want to upgrade from Gold to Platinum and see if they have a problem.
Thanks for all trying to find an answer to this.

[QUOTE=camper913;2128131]I need to make myself more clearer. The program does not give you a chance to click on a key to register if Gold or Platinum. It registers itself from what ever you had to start with. My key is not an attach type. I had it sent not in attach form. I use copy and paste. I can see we are not getting anywhere with this now. Will just have to wait till some other people want to upgrade from Gold to Platinum and see if they have a problem.
Thanks for all trying to find an answer to this.[/QUOTE]

If you have Gold and then upgrade to Platinum you will get a new key which will or should over ride/re-write the registration data, but you will have to ask Fengtao on this matter to be sure :cool:
Have a nice evening camper :flower:

[QUOTE=camper913;2128131]I need to make myself more clearer. The program does not give you a chance to click on a key to register if Gold or Platinum. It registers itself from what ever you had to start with. My key is not an attach type. I had it sent not in attach form. I use copy and paste. I can see we are not getting anywhere with this now. Will just have to wait till some other people want to upgrade from Gold to Platinum and see if they have a problem.
Thanks for all trying to find an answer to this.[/QUOTE]I guess you have your reasons for not wanting to use a reg key file.

Also you could start your own thread and see if fengtao replies.

Hey yo camper
ever since you sent me a PM about your issue I have been thinking about that reg key problem of yours.
when you uninstall DVDFab using the normal method the reg key is removed automatically but since you say when you reinstall DVDFab it is still registered and you don’t have to use the key…
It sounds like there is a problem somewhere in your system’s configuration or the Installshield has been corrupt, I would try doing a system restore.

but it is only my 2 cents

you can still enter new key for upgrade from gold to platinum manually.

click the ? [question mark] at the top right, then click about.

remember, do not enter the asterisks.

Troy if you read my last post you will find that the problem camper913 has is when he uninstalls DVDFab Gold and then re-installs it…it is already/still registered which means the registration is not removed like it normally is when you uninstall the product…(not sure why this is)

He wants to make sure he is able to enter the new key before he upgrades to Platinum …I’m sure he knows how to enter the key

Stormjumper, you have it right now. In Vista all is not getting deleted when you do a delete, so you don’t have a way to use a new key code on a clean install, does not ask to be registered as your old key is still in somewhere. Did not have this problem with XP on a delete and clean install, it wanted the key again. Could be i’m the only one that has tis problem.

[QUOTE=camper913;2128375][B]Stormjumper, you have it right now[/B]. In Vista all is not getting deleted when you do a delete, so you don’t have a way to use a new key code on a clean install, does not ask to be registered as your old key is still in somewhere. Did not have this problem with XP on a delete and clean install, it wanted the key again. Could be i’m the only one that has tis problem.[/QUOTE]

I know I understood your problem from the first PM you sent :slight_smile: It has something to do with a system configuration or a change with the Installshield program…
What firewall are you using and does DVDFab have access to the trusted zone ?, have you tried a system restore ?