Registration key problem

vbimport

I’ve just installed DVDFab on my new Windows 7 Ultimate machine and the registration key (that was automatically sucked up wiith each update on my old XP machine) won’t register.

I put the registration file (key.DVDFabDVD2DVD) on the new computer, but nothing happened. I opened it with a text editor and copied the data to the place to ‘Enter Registration Key’ on the About page and DVDFab said “Thank you. The product will be restarted to enable the registered version.”. But when it restarts, it still fails to show my name and Never Expire. I’ve done this over and over, but no luck.

How can I get my key in this latest update on the new machine. TIA

You can try this [B]http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm[/B] and you should receive it

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2522418]I’ve just installed DVDFab on my new Windows 7 Ultimate machine and the registration key (that was automatically sucked up wiith each update on my old XP machine) won’t register.

I put the registration file (key.DVDFabDVD2DVD) on the new computer, but nothing happened. I opened it with a text editor and copied the data to the place to ‘Enter Registration Key’ on the About page and DVDFab said “Thank you. The product will be restarted to enable the registered version.”. But when it restarts, it still fails to show my name and Never Expire. I’ve done this over and over, but no luck.

How can I get my key in this latest update on the new machine. TIA[/QUOTE]

Hi joelrosado

Sorry for the delay in responding, my back was at the computer :flower:

Instead of enterring the registration manually it is better to just double click on the reg key itself that was sent as an attachment, if you get a pop-up stating that windows can’t open it you are given an option to browse for a program.

Browse to the DVDFab.exe file located at-> C\Program Files\DVDFab :wink:

:eek: Kimberley

Didn’t see you there I must have been typing :slight_smile:

It is great to see you on the help squad :clap: about time we had a “Pretty Face” jump in to help :bigsmile:

You can never have too many helpers. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2522443]You can never have too many helpers. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

:iagree:

After days of frustrating failed attempts, I sent [B]Stormjumper[/B] a private message and his reply solved it. What a great forum and what dedicated, friendly and helpful people here who make it work.

I’m posting his advice for all to see, in case someone else has this problem in the future.

I junked my 11 year-old XP antique for a fast machine with Windows 7 Ultimate. But when I tried to put my [I]Never Expire[/I] key into DVDFab in the new machine, it wouldn’t take it. (It said thanks, it will register me when DVD restarts, but it still showed ‘trial user’ over and over again.)

[B]Stormjumper[/B] suggested right-clicking on the DVDFab icon and giving it administrator’s privileges. And that fixed it!

Mahalo nui loa (Hawaiian for thanks very much)

Glad to hear you got it going :smiley:

The Big Guy ( SJ ) knows is stuff alright :iagree:

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2523229]After days of frustrating failed attempts, I sent [B]Stormjumper[/B] a private message and his reply solved it. What a great forum and what dedicated, friendly and helpful people here who make it work.

I’m posting his advice for all to see, in case someone else has this problem in the future.

I junked my 11 year-old XP antique for a fast machine with Windows 7 Ultimate. But when I tried to put my [I]Never Expire[/I] key into DVDFab in the new machine, it wouldn’t take it. (It said thanks, it will register me when DVD restarts, but it still showed ‘trial user’ over and over again.)

[B]Stormjumper[/B] suggested right-clicking on the DVDFab icon and giving it administrator’s privileges. And that fixed it!

Mahalo nui loa (Hawaiian for thanks very much)[/QUOTE]

Happy to hear things are good for you now :clap:

BTW…with the Ultimate version you can achieve the same result without the compatibility setting by modifying the UAC in “Security policy”, course that is another help session and will cost ya :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile: