Registration Code for PC Game

vbimport

Hi Everyone

I have recently got a new computer (with Vista) and want to re-install my Sim’s game on it but I can not find the Registration Code anywhere. It’s the one you need to be able to install it (not sure what it’s actually called) anyway, is there a website or something I can go to, to be able to get one?
Thank you all in advance
Hilda

Perhaps if you can prove you own the original disc (and maybe provide a receipt), contacting Electronic Arts would be the way to go. :slight_smile:

We can’t provide or direct you to serial/registration codes etc here.

Thank you for your reply Arachne, I purchased this game a couple of years ago (it’s an oldie but a goodie:)) so no I no longer have the receipt. Thank you anyway I thought that may be the case.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2028291]Perhaps if you can prove you own the original disc (and maybe provide a receipt), contacting Electronic Arts would be the way to go. :slight_smile:

We can’t provide or direct you to serial/registration codes etc here.[/QUOTE]

OFF TOPIC! Why did you change your avatar?? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Hilda;2028297]Thank you for your reply Arachne, I purchased this game a couple of years ago (it’s an oldie but a goodie:)) so no I no longer have the receipt. Thank you anyway I thought that may be the case.[/QUOTE]

No worries Hilda, sorry we can’t help. :slight_smile:

@THE C. - because I fancied a change :wink:

@Hilda

I know this sounds atypical, but have you tried to contact technical support from the company. Perhaps they can advise you of a registry path or some way to transport the cd key into the new PC. I do not know which SIMS edition you have but I think some of the older ones hashes a key into registry and the newer ones use a prtoection that is run off of the cd itself. If you have an older one maybe you can receive instructions from them how to get the game to run based on your older settings on the older PC.

If you still have the old computer, you should be able to run Belaric Advisor on it, and it will give you serial numbers, and more…

[QUOTE=Arachne;2028306]No worries Hilda, sorry we can’t help. :slight_smile:

@THE C. - because I fancied a change ;)[/QUOTE]

I like it! LOL :bigsmile: