Region removal & converting PAL to NTSC

vbimport

I recently just made sure that all of the 3rd party plugins were installed properly on my computer & all of them show up in DVDneXtCOPY next tech in the settings area & are selectable.

I have a original DVD of a TV series & Discs 7 & 8 are giving me an error when I start to play them in my home DVD player. Error is “Playback prohibited by area limitations”. So I thought that maybe the disc had a region code on it that was causing this problem. So I proceeded to have DVDneXtCOPY make a copy of it to get the region code removed from the disc. That didn’t work still got the same error on the new disc I copied. I opened the disc in AnyDVD HD & looking at the info about the disk noticed that the data on the disc was in PAL.

I’m not sure what to do now to fix this issue so I can be able to view the discs? Am I still doing something wrong? Should the disk data on the DVD be in PAL or NTSC? Can I convert the data from PAL to NTSC if that is the problem?

I sure would appreciate help with this…
Netwrkpete23

DVD neXt COPY won’t convert like that. I really wished some of these software companies wouldn’t say it removes the region code as some don’t. My suggestion is return it with that same complaint. It won’t play in your player or get a OPPO Player I heard they’ll play those discs too?

[QUOTE=netwrkpete23;2700698]I recently just made sure that all of the 3rd party plugins were installed properly on my computer & all of them show up in DVDneXtCOPY next tech in the settings area & are selectable.

I have a original DVD of a TV series & Discs 7 & 8 are giving me an error when I start to play them in my home DVD player. Error is “Playback prohibited by area limitations”. So I thought that maybe the disc had a region code on it that was causing this problem. So I proceeded to have DVDneXtCOPY make a copy of it to get the region code removed from the disc. That didn’t work still got the same error on the new disc I copied. I opened the disc in AnyDVD HD & looking at the info about the disk noticed that the data on the disc was in PAL.

I’m not sure what to do now to fix this issue so I can be able to view the discs? Am I still doing something wrong? Should the disk data on the DVD be in PAL or NTSC? Can I convert the data from PAL to NTSC if that is the problem?

I sure would appreciate help with this…
Netwrkpete23[/QUOTE]

Region code removal is a fairly trivial task and most DVD programs do this however PAL to NTSC conversion can be a much more complicated matter.

Rip the DVD to your computer and try playing it from there. PCs will play both PAL and NTSC content without any difficulties and that would let you know if that’s what the problem is.

Effective software for doing this is expensive and it’s a lot more difficult to achieve with freeware.

Kerry56 has a nice guide to AVStoDVD in the Video Edit Software forum here that includes PAL to NTSC that you might find useful, although I’ve heard that AVStoDVD is a bit hit or miss when doing PAL to NTSC conversions but you could still give it a try.

Alternatively, and this is the easiest solution, you could buy a DVD player that automatically converts PAL content to NTSC compatible format.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thank you for providing that additional information for me on this issue I’m having. I really appreciate the help but that gives me another direction to pursue to ultimately get this fixed.

Thanks,
Netwrkpete23

You might check this :

Also in some of the posts ConvertXtoDVD is suggested.
I don’t have it but I understand it works for this & easier than AVStoDVD.

[QUOTE=cholla;2700935]You might check this :

Also in some of the posts ConvertXtoDVD is suggested.
I don’t have it but I understand it works for this & easier than AVStoDVD.[/QUOTE]

That’s commercial software though but you’re right and I’ve seen ConvertXtoDVD recommended here regularly.

A standalone DVD player that converts PAL to NTSC-50 can be bought cheaper than that though and there then won’t be any need to spend time converting movies.

So TBH I think the dedicated DVD player is probably the best and most convenient option overall.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I think we’re in agreement with the DVD player being the best solution.

Just backups PAL to PAL should work on those also.