Region Problem, Please Help!

vbimport

I’m really pissed off at the moment, because I have spent the last 12 days downloading a DVD movie off bitcomet ( yeah i know but it’s the only place i could find it, news groups turned up nothing). I open the TS files with dvd shrink. It runs through it’s initial scan of the files and everything appears to be fine. I click backup and check the burn settings and look to see if the movie is region free. Select my burn speed and click OK. Movie burns without a hitch. I pop it outta my burner and into my Sony DVD player and the DVD player doesn’t acknowledge there’s a disc in the tray.

I burn a second copy, and this time where it says “Provider” in the Region area of the settings, i wipeout the text which says “FOX_International”, and again making sure the Region setting is checked to burn a Region Free dvd. This time it finishes burning and again i pop it into my Sony DVD player, and this time it acknowledges that there is a DVD in the tray, but says “Playback Prohibited by area limitations”.

This is the second time i have downloaded a dvd and it was burnt as a region free dvd by me, and will not play in my home dvd player. Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on, and if there is any way to salvage these movies?

Since it is a region code protected movie released by Fox International it’s copyright and you don’t have a licence so we can’t help you.

If you want a copy of the movie, buy it and please re-read the forum rules that you agreed to when you joined the forum before posting again.