Region Killer by Elborate Bytes

Since can’t find any other way of comunnication to the author I will write in here since I read somewhere that guys from Elborate Bytes read this page.

I am one of the admins of the firmware page. Out page is about firmwares and patching them to turn them into RPC-1 so that they will play every DVD without any limitations.

Bypassing hardware protection is one part, the other one is software protections such as the one in Windows and in software players like PowerDVD.

I allways instructed the users on our page to install Region Killer wich successfuly confuse software that you have a correctly inserted movie. And this software is the best one of the all.

I don’t think Elborate Bytes realise how much this software is important to DVD community. Just today I checked their page and saw that the version 2.6.0.1 is dated 4.11.2002 but the program never actualy changed for more that one year (I can see that from RegKillHelpEN.htm version history). How come the date on the page changed.

Another thing I noticed. For some time ago there was a page about Region Killer Pro but I can’t find it now. There was nothing written about it, only Comming Soon. What happend to development of this program?

Could the author of Region Killer please explain if you plan to improve it in the future and fix knowned bugs (doesn’t work with WinDVD)…

Thanks,
Hijacker

There is loads of region killers going around. I didnt know the Elaborate Bytes one was a DVD-Region killer.
:eek:
I know they have a program called Region Killer pro but it is for making special features of Clone CD available to people who live in the US. Dont know about the DVD one.

Ill second that motion, Whatever happened to Region Killer Pro?
‘Comming soon!’…ill wait

there is actually a firmware that you can use to flash your dvd rom to get rid of the region

Originally posted by frubsen
there is actually a firmware that you can use to flash your dvd rom to get rid of the region

Really?!? :wink:

Didn’t you read my first post? I am the admin on the firmware forum. I PATCH firmwares to make them region free.

But you still need Region Killer to bypass software protections.

Originally posted by Hijacker
[B]

Really?!? :wink:

Didn’t you read my first post? I am the admin on the firmware forum. I PATCH firmwares to make them region free.

But you still need Region Killer to bypass software protections. [/B]

lol…sorry it was late
didn’t see the whole thread:bow:

Hehe… It’s OK.

Does anyone know how to contact authors of Region Killer? I have some questions about it like if they will continue develop and what is the misterious Region Killer Pro that they seem to cancel development.