Region issues with DVDFab

Hi, I recently bought a Region 2 DVD, but my player (Panasonic S52) does not play it. So, I thought maybe I could burn it to a new disc via DVDFab, thus making it region free, so my player would play it.

However, when I put in the burned copy into the player, it begins to play (no error message about being the wrong region) yet, the picture is all distorted.

I tried copying a few other dvd’s I had (that were Region 1) to see if it was the copy process messing up, but they play fine.

Is there a known issue with this? or am i doing something wrong? The region protection and everything was removed during the copy process, so all these discs “should” be region free, but the only one that doesn’t work properly is the Region 2 one.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard southernbelle. :iagree: :clap:
The region 2 disc is probably PAL.
Your player isn’t.

Thanks for the reply!

So even though dvdfab removed the region protection, it still won’t play on a region 1 player?

The problem isn’t about region coding. PAL specifications for dvds are different from NTSC, and it is probable that this dvd is encoded with PAL resolution and frame rate.

You need a dvd player that can handle both types of dvds. Many new dvd players can play both formats, and it is the easiest solution for this problem.

It is possible to reencode the dvd to NTSC specifications, but it isn’t a fun project using free tools, and some paid programs don’t handle it well either.

I don’t know if this will solve your problem, but it may be worth a try. If you click on the settings icon at the top right near the help icon (question mark icon), then choose “protection” from the menu on the left, you will see it asks you what region your disc is from . . . choose region 2 and restart the program then try burning it again . . . see if that works for you. Let me know if it does. :smiley:

Asi

Oh yeah, this is on DVDFab Platinum