Region free

Hi Folks, I did the 12x Speed n Region Free HD 166S…It all went Quite Well so far, but my Region is still showing at ‘Region Code = Unset’–‘Region Control = RPC2’…
To set it to Region Free, Must I chose the number 8…Hope U understood what I trying to say/ask…Thanks…

How do I post an Image in here Please…

Use LtnRPC to make the drive itself region free by clicking the Disable button. Please also be aware that the region counter in the drive is not the only counter present on a Windows system. Once the drive’s region counter is gone, the software counters in your operating system and DVD Player software take over.

Read here: http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=239

Thank U dhc…Understood n Done…One little question n my Mind should be appeased!!..Seeing as i only ever use Region 2 in UK, is there really any need to Dissable n Make Region Free!..If Not, Why the Heck does Everyone do it Then…Thanks.

If you’ve never seen titles with Region other than 2, then there’s no need to make the drive region free. Not everyone does it, only those who really need to play DVDs from different regions, and those who want to make the drive region free just to make it region free :wink:

THANK YOU Vad & dhc104 for the Explanations…Your Help has been Greatly Recieved, with my little mind a bit more understanding of it all…
Thanks n Take Care…

P.S-------After doing these changes last night, I had 5 settings left in my DVD Regions…After doing what you said I still had 5 settings left…
A few moments ago @ 12.54pm BST I rechecked n found that I only got “2 settings” left…WHY would it change from 5 to 2 if I have not done anything…

I also noticed this months ago when I did my Region Free in my NEC 2500A, that went from 5 to 2…Surely changeing once when it shows 5 it should stay @ 5…Any LOGICAL Explanations on this would be Appreciated…
Thank You…

Windows’ region counter in device manager is unpredictable. It often jumps from 5 to 2 when you change your drive to region free since it goes from showing the drive’s counter to its own counter.

Thank You dhc014…My knowledge is slowly geting better…I Hope!