Region Free

vbimport

Can anyone recommend some software that will change my BenQ DW-16W1S to region free?

[QUOTE=Maple Leaf;2176872]Can anyone recommend some software that will change my BenQ DW-16W1S to region free?[/QUOTE]

Unless you want a region hack for your particular player, there are software that will make any player to play any region.
You can Google for them. Something like AnyDVD will work in a background and let you play any region on any player.

Will AnyDVD work on my MTK chipset based (HL-DT-ST GCCH30N ATA) cdrw/dvd combo drive too?

It’s a free download/trial period. See if it works.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

[QUOTE=Maple Leaf;2176895]Will AnyDVD work on my MTK chipset based (HL-DT-ST GCCH30N ATA) cdrw/dvd combo drive too?[/QUOTE]

Anydvd AFAIK should allow you to play any region dvd in your player but to make it fully Regin Free you will need the other software CloneDVD or CloneCD to make the backup fully Region Free.

cancel

[QUOTE=Maple Leaf;2176895]Will AnyDVD work on my MTK chipset based (HL-DT-ST GCCH30N ATA) cdrw/dvd combo drive too?[/QUOTE]

AnyDVD is a software, it will work with any drive you have on your computer.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2176904]Anydvd AFAIK should allow you to play any region dvd in your player but to make it fully Regin Free you will need the other software CloneDVD or CloneCD to make the backup fully Region Free.[/QUOTE]

You are talking about ripping, not playing.
Once you rip with AnyDVD to hard drive, the file is region free and can be burned with any burning software.
Only proble is that to play it on stand alone it has to be same sytem as your TV (NTSC, PAL)

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2176909]AnyDVD is a software, it will work with any drive you have on your computer.

You are talking about ripping, not playing.
Once you rip with AnyDVD to hard drive, the file is region free and can be burned with any burning software.
Only proble is that to play it on stand alone it has to be same sytem as your TV (NTSC, PAL)[/QUOTE]

Where did I say it was about ripping??? I am giving the OP a solution to making his/her dvd region free onto a backup dvd so they don’t have to if they can’t change their DVD to Region Free settings.

I am referring to play back only at this point - as far as I can tell, no firmware upgrade for the GCCH30N yet but will try AnyDVD.
Thanks everyone!

[QUOTE=Maple Leaf;2176916]I am referring to play back only at this point - as far as I can tell, no firmware upgrade for the GCCH30N yet but will try AnyDVD.
Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

It is an outstanding product. Note that there is a new update policy. If you do anticipate purchasing it, now would be the time.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f88/slysoft-changes-updates-policy-257970/

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2176911]Where did I say it was about ripping??? I am giving the OP a solution to making his/her dvd region free onto a backup dvd so they don’t have to if they can’t change their DVD to Region Free settings.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood.