Region free software (FREE)

Hello all,

I am looking for software that allows me to play DVDs from all regions.
AnyDVD is perfect but I am looking for something for FREE.

Is there anything out there?

Thanks!

That will be hard to come by I use Anydvd and that is from my knowledge the only software that allows one Region Free. But once you have that you can use various movie backup software to backup your movies and they will become region free cause AnyDVD removes the regions. You won’t be sorry for the money you spend on Anydvd it’s worth every US or Euro you pay for it.

Thanks for the answer coolcolors :slight_smile:
And how about a DVD player that ignores region?

[QUOTE=tennek;2434720]Hello all,

I am looking for software that allows me to play DVDs from all regions.
AnyDVD is perfect but I am looking for something for FREE.

Is there anything out there?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I’m not at home so I can’t test this at the moment but DVD43 will probably do exactly what you want.

Sophisticated protections shouldn’t be an issue either if you’re only using it with playback software.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi tennek
DVDFab HD Decrypter will work it is free, however it does not do any compression on the ripped files…

Course if you just want to watch different region DVDs on your computer, you may find a region free firmware for your drive at the link below :bigsmile:
http://tdb.rpc1.org/

[QUOTE=tennek;2435018]
And how about a DVD player that ignores region?[/QUOTE] VLC :slight_smile:

Thank you all! I will try all this once I get home :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2435033]Hi tennek
DVDFab HD Decrypter will work it is free, however it does not do any compression on the ripped files…

Course if you just want to watch different region DVDs on your computer, you may find a region free firmware for your drive at the link below :bigsmile:
http://tdb.rpc1.org/[/QUOTE]

That would be my standard answer too if the user wanted to rip the disc but I think in this instance they’re just wanting to play the original using memory resident on the fly decryption software.

The only free program I’m aware of that operates in this fashion is DVD43.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hey guys,

So I am trying to use VLC, and it does play and I hear some sound but the image is like a bunch of squares and it keeps breaking. Seems I am missing codecs?

I am trying to play DVDs from region 1, any suggestions?

Thanks!

I cannot use DVD43, not 64 bit compatible. :frowning:

Hi,[QUOTE=tennek;2448315]

So I am trying to use VLC, and it does play and I hear some sound but the image is like a bunch of squares and it keeps breaking.[/quote]That’s not normal.

Seems I am missing codecs?
No, since VLC comes with its own.

Does that disc play with other players?

Michael

Hey Michael, thanks for your reply.

I cannot tell if it plays with other players, the DVD does not even start since it is not the correct region.

[QUOTE=tennek;2448315]Hey guys,

So I am trying to use VLC, and it does play and I hear some sound but the image is like a bunch of squares and it keeps breaking. Seems I am missing codecs?

I am trying to play DVDs from region 1, any suggestions?

Thanks!

I cannot use DVD43, not 64 bit compatible. :([/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=mciahel;2448319]Hi,That’s not normal. No, since VLC comes with its own.

Does that disc play with other players?

Michael[/QUOTE]

What you are experiencing is effect of Content Scramble System found on commerical DVD. Since VLC was never granted license from DVD Control Association that why you are seeing chopiness in video.