Region Free Or Any Dvd Copies Of Region 2 Wont Play?

vbimport

HI,
I’VE COPIED 2 DIFFERNT REGION 2 DVDS, ONE WITH ANY DVD AND SHRINK BECAUSE IT WAS ABOUT 7GIG, ALSO DVD DECRIPTOR FRIST AND ANY DVD AND REGION FREE EACH AND SHRINK,AND CLONEDVD2 WITH THE SMALLER ONE. THE COPIES WONT EVEN START. AND WHEN I PLAY THEM IN THE INTERVIDEO PLAYER THEY WONT START. THE ORIGINALS PLAY FINE WITH EITHER ANY DVD OR REGION FREE AND THE PLAYER. JUST THE COPIES WONT EVEN START. I EVEN OPENED THE FILE WHERE THE RIPPED COPIES WERE AND THE PLAYER WONT START FROM THERE. CONFUSED AND OUT OF IDEAS. NO MATTER WHICH COMBINATION I TRY THE COPIES WONT START IN HOME OR THE COMPUTER…
NEED HELP :confused: :confused:

THANKS

1. To use Capslock is impolite throughout the Internet.
  2. When you ask in CDF, please specify:
    a). Type of burner, firmware version, if possible.
    b). Version of software used for making a backup.
    c). Medium used.

What concerns you problem:

1. Try to use the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.
  2. Use good media, like Taiyo Yuden, Ricoh, etc. (Fuji, Verbatim, etc.).
  3. Burn at the certified or lower speed of the media, preferably at 4x.

Last, but not least: check the settings of AnyDVD.

Thanks for the input, i hoped by assureing the dvds i’ve burned on region one dvds play fine, and I might eliminate the need of equipment listed. One idea that came to mind since i posted, that home player require a region on them to play? Just a thought, i’ve burned a couple more dvds with the same everything. With region 1 again and they played fine in the home dvd players all 3 of them. Seems once i rip the region out and burn the dvd is the only new thing i’ve changed. By chance have you ripped a region out of a dvd and then played it in a home dvd player? If so did it play ok?
Thanks again
Willie142

There are three type of DVD Players (standalones/home players):

1. Region free.
  2. Region locked.
  3. Region locked and playing DVDs only with a special region code.

The last one is rare and it means, this standalone won’t play a DVD that is region code free.

The answer: yes, DVDs made region code free with AnyDVD play in standalones.

Thanks