Region free not working on new region 1 DVDs

vbimport

I have been using region free for many years. Recently on Walle and G-force, while region free is active none of the play back software will work. It will load the menus and previews, but when the movie starts the movie is scrambled, but you can still see the audio. Is this new for some DVDs. Is there anyway to fix this?

[QUOTE=hebertdvd;2495950]I have been using region free for many years. Recently on Walle and G-force, while region free is active none of the play back software will work. It will load the menus and previews, but when the movie starts the movie is scrambled, but you can still see the audio. Is this new for some DVDs. Is there anyway to fix this?[/QUOTE]

How and what hardware is that played in? There isn’t really such a thing a region free only what the software like Anydvd that makes a dvd region truly region free. What software are you saying that is saying region free? Also you don’t give much specs to go off to know what is happening.

Thanks for the reply. I am using a software program called DVD region + CSS free. And watch the DVDs using Power DVD DX. This is on a Dell pc with a TSST corp DVD R-+ drive. This just stated at the begining of the year. This also happens when I try to copy the DVD using Clone DVD2. I have also noticed when I look at the folder structure of the DVD in explorer that many of the folders looks duplicated, and if you add up all the sizes of the folders that show in the structure there is no way it would fit on a DVD. Looks like something is scrambling the Video folder on the DVD.